Born Again Vintage Designer Artise Shows “Ivory Tower” Collection On LIVE
Saturday, February 24, 2018
Artise says every piece in the collection is unique and she wants to bring sustainability and up-cycling to the forefront of fashion, all while keeping garments out of the landfill.
Designing clothing isn’t her only creative outlet, Artise authored “Born Again Vintage: 25 ways to deconstruct, reinvent and recycle your wardrobe” and recently completed “27 Dresses” her second book.
She’s also a professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York and is working on an app for her business.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in RI This Weekend - February 23, 2018
Dayton vs #18 URI at The Ryan Center
The URI Rams are back at the Ryan Center after a two-game road trip to host Dayton on Friday night.
URI is 22-4 overall on the season and 14-1 in the A-10. They have already clinched a share of the A-10 Regular Season Championship.
Game time is set for 7 p.m.
Wonder Wings & Wander Wands at Roger Williams Park Botanical Center
Help your inner child find their inner wonder by creating magical wings and wands that inspire the imagination wander.
This enchanting children's studio is presented by Trinity Rep Costume Designer Kerry Delagarza.
The event goes from 11:15 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Duets at ArtProv Gallery
ArtProv Gallery's newest exhibit, "Duets," offers intimate insights into great artistic partnerships.
“Duets” features works by three couples who serve as each other’s muse: Mara Metcalf and Maria Napolitano, Shari Weschler Rubeck and Christian Rubeck, and Ana Flores and Gabriel Warren.
The exhibition is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
StyleWeek 2018 at Rhode Island Convention Center
If you haven't made it to a StyleWeek event yet this week, Saturday is your final chance.
StyleWeek is a biannual fashion week focused on the business of fashion, StyleWeek is a professional production which includes formal fashion runway shows and is one of the regional fashion weeks that has been visited by the CFDA.
The event begins at 5:30 p.m.
Newport Winter Festival
Sunday is the final day of the Newport Winter Festival.
The festival features more than 150 events, offering a unique winter experience combining food, festivities, music, and fun for all ages.
Highlighted events include the Children’s Fair, Chili Cook-Off, Princess Party and exciting, fun concerts by the Jimmy Buffett tribute band, Changes in Latitudes and more.
Providence Flea Winter & Spring Markets at Hope High School
Check out a bunch of new and returning vintage vendors, artisans, makers, plus the city's favorite hot food & coffee trucks, community nonprofits and live music.
The market is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
9th Annual Providence Children's Film Festival
The 9th annual Providence Children’s Film Festival is at main venues within walking distance of downtown Providence and at satellite venues across Rhode Island, with over ten days of screenings, filmmaking workshops, and conversations and activities that help deepen the film-watching experience.
- Tuesday on LIVE: Five For Fighting’s Ondrasik and Historian Andrade-Watkins
- LIVE: Foolproof Brewing Company Expands Outside of New England
- LIVE: John Ondrasik of Five For Fighting Coming to Greenwich Odeum
- LIVE: ‘Black Panther’ Wipes Away ‘Birth of a Nation’ Stereotypes, Says RI’s Andrade-Watkins
- LIVE: Public Art Organization, The Avenue Concept, on Ccopacatty’s Kennedy Plaza Installation
- LIVE: Spring Fashion & Fortier Launches New Italian Lines At Blueprint 5
- LIVE: Exploring Providence’s Housing Struggle Through Historic Records With Archivist Horton
- LIVE: CODAC’s CEO & President Hurley On Opioid Treatment & The Overdose Epidemic
- LIVE: “Bidder 70” Screening in RI - Activist DeChristopher on Flighting Bush Administration & More
- LIVE: Naval War College’s Bundy on World’s Largest Unmanned Ship “Sea Hunter”
- Monday on LIVE: Foolproof’s Garrison, Blueprint 5’s Fortier, & Business Monday
- LIVE: Feinberg Talks About Celebrating the Oscars at Flicker’s Red Carpet Experience
- Wednesday on LIVE: Bestselling Author Bloom, Cartoonist Parisi, & Rep. Amore Talks Guards at Schools
- LIVE: Journalist/Author Flock On New Book “The Heart Is A Shifting Sea”
- LIVE: Bandleader Andrew Honors American Music in FirstWorks Gershwin Songbook
- LIVE: Graham of Indivisible RI Discusses Major Anti-Trump Rally at RI State House on Sat.
- LIVE: RI Coalition Against Gun Violence’s Finn On Banning Assault Weapons
- Friday on LIVE: Designer Artise, URI Professor Engelhart, & Speech Therapist Romeo
- Thursday on LIVE: Vocalist Michael Andrew, Journalist Flock, & Indivisible RI’s Graham
- LIVE: Graham Was “Right Man at Right Time,” Says Council of Churches’ Anderson
- LIVE: Lawless on McConnell’s GOP Predictions, Russian Bots, & Student Walkouts Post-Florida
- LIVE: GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Morgan Questions “Where Fung Stands” on LIVE
- LIVE: “Off The Mark” Cartoonist Parisi On Career and “Marty Pants” Book Series
- LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Bloom On New Book “White Houses”
- LIVE: Lilian Calderon’s Lawyer Harris Talks Next Steps, After ICE Defended Detention