Blackbird Farm’s Bouthillette Announces Expansion fo Farmer’s Market to 2 Days on LIVE’s The Taste
Friday, October 13, 2017
Blackbird Farm is located in Smithfield, RI and began in 1978 with 4 acres and has now grown to over 200 acres. Bouthillette highlighted how the farm is a full circle farm meaning the animals are born, bread and raised right on the farm.
Bouthillette announced that due to the success of hosting a once of week Farmers Market on Fridays over the Summer that they would return in the Summer of 2018 for two days a week, Fridays and Sundays.
Related Slideshow: 20 Great Places to go Apple Picking in New England - 2017
North Brookfield, MA
Pick your own apples! The Snack Bar offers hot apple dumplings and ice cream, cheese, and cider. The Country Store will tempt you with honey common crackers, maple products, “Penny Candy”, culinary delights, antiques and collectibles and much more! They have a playground and picnic tables - so stay awhile.
Brookfield Orchards is open year round from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
North Scituate, RI
With apple trees dating back to 1931, the Bardens grow Macintosh, Gala, Cortland, Liberty, Jonagold, Macoun and other apple varieties on their family farm near Route 116 in North Scituate.
They also produce and sell their own apple cider from mid-September through March. Make sure you stock up for the winter ahead.
Tougas Family Farm is a great place to take the family for a day of Apple picking.
A 10 pound Peck Bag, admits 4 people into the orchard $26
While a 20 pound 1/2 Bushel Bag, admits 6 people into the orchard $36
The farm is open from Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pay a visit Bolton Orchards and their gift shop for home grown in-season fruits and vegetables, fresh cut flowers (available year round), fruit baskets, gourmet deli & specialty foods, fresh pressed cider, the "best apple deal" in town, homemade fudge, and a little bit more of the "good things in life" all under one roof.
Sweet Berry Farm offers dozens of varieties of apples: Macintosh, Golden Supreme, Gala, Macoun, Cortland, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Empire, Liberty, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Mutsu Crispin, Cameo, Autumn Gala, Ida Red, Fuji, Braeburn and Granny Smith.
The farm is open every day from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Carlson Orchards, Inc. is a 140-acre fruit orchard/agri-business located one hour West of Boston in Harvard. The orchard has been run by the Carlson family since 1936.
A variety of pick your own fruits available July-November including apples, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, and pumpkins.
Davis Farmland is the ultimate Children’s Discovery Farm featuring interactive play and learning for children ages 1-8. Davis Farmland is home to the largest sanctuary of Heritage farm animals in North America.
The Apple Orchard features MacIntosh & Cortland apples and the Pumpkin Patch has a variety of sizes to accommodate children and adults.
- Carolyn’s Sakonnet Vineyard’s Walsh Announces Release Date for Sacred Rose on LIVE’s The Taste
- Greenvale Vineyards’ Carmichael Talks About Jazz Sundays on LIVE’s The Taste
- Westport Rivers’ Russell Announces Annual One House on LIVE’s The Taste
- Australia’s Dean Hewitson Talks Old Garden Wine on LIVE’s The Taste
- Avvio’s Coccio Announces a New Fall Menu on LIVE’s The Taste
- Stonington Vineyards McAndrew Talks Classic Estate Chardonnay 2015 Vintage on LIVE’s The Taste
- Chef Christofi Announces Quay Will Serve Brunch on LIVE’s The Taste
- Slattery Talks About Developing Sucree on LIVE’s The Taste
- PVD Donuts’ Kettelle Announces 1-Year Anniversary Celebration on LIVE’s The Taste
- Kleos’ Bovis Talks About Providence’s New Greek Restaurant on LIVE’s The Taste
- Pastaio’s Baffoni Discusses Importance of Wine Program on LIVE’s The Taste
- Chef McCauley Discusses Bistro 22’s 5-Year Anniversary on LIVE’s The Taste
- Basta’s Franco Announces the Opening of a New Restaurant on GoLocal LIVE’s The Taste
- Gen. Centracchio Highlights the Scituate Art Festival on LIVE’s The Taste
- Sweet Berry Farm’s Amaral Talks Apple, Pumpkin & Berry Picking on LIVE’s The Taste
- Federal HIll Commerce Assoc.‘s Tarro Highlights the Columbus Day Festival on LIVE’s The Taste
- Confreda Greenhouses & Farms Celebrates 95 Years in Operation on LIVE’s The Taste
- Anthony’s Palmisano Says He Wants to Open a 2nd Restaurant on LIVE’s The Taste
- Sawyer Highlights 10 New Things Happening at Flames of Hope Celebration on LIVE’s The Taste
- Flames of Hope: A Celebration of Life Adds a New Event “The Taste of Hope”
- Federal Hill Pizza’s Manzo Shares Personal Connection to Breast Cancer on LIVE’s The Taste
- Sandie Barden Talks of the 20 Types of Apples Their Orchard Offers on LIVE’s The Taste