Biggest Lessons from Alabama: RI Dems’ Olasanoye on Jones’ Victory, and More
Thursday, December 14, 2017
Olasanoye, who was named the state party director in May, also spoke to what he sees as the key issues locally in 2018.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Friday on LIVE: US Olympic Curler Shuster & Bestselling Author Land
- LIVE: Sojourner House’s Volz Talks About Domestic Violence During The Holidays
- LIVE: Gilsdorf Expands Successful Creative Writing Program GrubStreet in Prov
- LIVE: Pawtucket Based Artist Burkett Directs First Art Providence Holiday Show
- Tuesday on LIVE: Prof. Lawless, Former RI Hospital President Iannuccilli, & The Horse-Eyed Men
- LIVE: RI Premiere of “Church’” at The Wilbury Theatre
- LIVE: Bestselling RI Author Land on New Book “Strong To The Bone”
- LIVE: Jennifer Jane Talks “Pop-Up” Holiday Bazaar in Providence on Saturday
- LIVE: Children’s Friend Sponsors 1,550 RI Families For Holiday Drive
- LIVE: Olympian Shuster Talks About Making U.S. Curling History & 2018 Winter Games
- LIVE: Performance by The Horse-Eyed Men
- Wednesday on LIVE: House Finance Chair Abney & The Grange’s Yaffe
- Tuesday on LIVE: Singer Gilman & Kinch on New PawSox Deal
- LIVE: Now Is a Good Time To Get Your Flu Shot Says RIDOH’s Wendelken
- LIVE: Sport Coats for with Holidays with Jim Fortier of Blueprint 5
- LIVE: RI Native Pitassi on California Wildfires - and Tackling Fire “Size of RI”
- LIVE: Gilman Talks About His “Home for The Holidays” Concert at The Dunkin’ Donuts Center
- Monday on LIVE: Former Pro Football Player Rowley & “Money Man” Sasse
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Al Franken’s Demise, St. Joseph’s Pension Debacle, and More
- Thursday on LIVE: RI Comedy Hall of Fame’s Collins & Providence’s Monteiro
- LIVE: Over 60 Vendors Participate In The Providence Flea Holiday Markets
- Friday on LIVE: Musician Taylor, Nutritionist Mulligan & Columnist Whitcomb
- Thursday on LIVE: U.S. Archivist Ferriero & Harvard’s Della Volpe