Trudy Coxe on “Tiny House” Trend Featured at Newport Flower Show
Saturday, June 23, 2018
Preservation Society of Newport County, joined GoLocal News Editor Kate Nagle at the Newport Flower Show at Rosecliff, to talk about 2018’s theme — and more.
“This year's theme is really phenomenal,” Coxe. “It features tiny houses -- that’s the trend around the country -- people are moving into these small little houses, and if you're thinking of downsizing, we're showing people how to landscape around tiny houses to have the best gardens.”
“On top of that Martha Steward is coming [Friday night], she’s giving a sold-out lecture on Saturday,” said Coxe. “We have a lot of renowned lecturers through the weekend.”
Coxe spoke to additional highlights of 2018’s show, which runs through the weekend. For more information, go here.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 22, 2018
Newport Gulls vs Winnipesaukee Muskrats at Cardines Field
The Newport Gulls are back at Cardines Field to host the Winnipesaukee Muskrats on Friday night.
The Gulls are in first place in the Southern Division with a record of 8-5, while the Muskrats are 3-10 and in last place in the Northern Division.
Game time is set for 6:30 p.m.
Wasted Talent Show at Diego's in Middletown
This month is a special event! Two shows with the Stavros Halkias headlining.
The first show begins at 9 p.m. while the second show begins at 11 p.m.
The Newport Flower Show at Rosecliff
Each day of the Newport Flower Show offers guests opportunities to enjoy judged horticultural specimens and floral designs, special garden exhibitions, free lectures and demonstrations, children's activities, and shopping experiences at the Oceanside Boutiques and Gardeners' Marketplace.
The show goes from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Remember Me at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
This play is written by Sam Bobrick and directed by Daniel Lee White.
Mary and Brian have the perfect relationship. What starts out as ordinary Sunday turns out to be a hilarious test of their 20-year marriage when Mary's college flame shows up and professes undying love ... or does he?
The show begins at 6 p.m.
Motors & Mansions at Fort Adams
Join The Preservation Society of Newport County and the Audrain Automobile Museum for Cars & Coffee on Bellevue Avenue every month this summer through October.
Newport Polo Series at Newport International Polo Series
Watch as all-star lineups of international competitors take the field.
Experience a tailgate party for the optimal experience, or plant your seat in the lawn and relax
The match begins at 5 p.m.
Middletown Aquidneck Growers Market at Newport Vineyards
Now in its 22nd season, the market has 20 regular vendors, guest artisans and live music every week. Pick up your groceries and head inside for wine tasting.
The market goes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Back to the Beach for a Novel Evening at Easton's Beach
The event benefits the Newport Public Library.
Casual Attire & Flipflops Encouraged.
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Drag Brunch With Trailer Park Girls
You're invited to Newport's first drag brunch, part of Newport Pride Weekend. The brunch is hosted by the Trailer Park Girls.
The event will be held at the Parlor Bar & Kitchen at 200 Broadway.
Tickets include a drink from the bar (mimosas, bloody marys, etc) but not brunch food. Patrons will be responsible for purchasing their own brunch food from the a la carte menu.
The event goes from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Traditional Irish Music Session at Fastnet Irish Pub
Live traditional Irish music every Sunday night, hosted by A. O. Gutierrez, Tim May, and Jack Wright.
If you plan on eating, the pub suggests that you arrive early.
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Team Brunel Wins Gurney’s Resorts In Port Race Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 18, 2018
- Providence to Newport Ferry Service to Return for 2018 Season
- The Newport Report: Big Waves From the Naval War College
- Former Newport Police Dept. Treasurer Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud of $31,000
- Newport Jazz Festival Artists Set to Perform Music From Other Countries
- Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover Schedule - SEE PHOTOS
- LIVE: Sail Newport’s Read Discusses the Thrilling Finish to Leg 8 of the Volvo Ocean Race
- LIVE: Newport Mayor Winthrop Discusses the Impact of the Volvo Ocean Race
- Governor Raimondo Joins GoLocal LIVE in Newport to Talk Volvo Ocean Race
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 11, 2018
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 25, 2018
- Grammy Award Winner Charles Lloyd to Play 3 Shows at 2018 Newport Jazz Festival
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 15, 2018
- Newport GOP Endorses Morgan for Governor
- New Welcome Center Opens at The Breakers in Newport
- Three Award Winning Authors to Host Public Readings & Reflections in Newport
- BankNewport Opens New Branch in Providence