Yellow Peril Gallery To Exhibit Occupy Providence Artwork
Friday, December 09, 2011
The impact of Occupy
Since October 15, 2011, Burnside Park has been continuously occupied by a steady number of the 99% -- a diverse group of people disenfranchised by what they deem as crimes committed or fueled by the 1%: corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies. "Is this what ‘Democracy’ looks like?" say owners of Yellow Peril. "Or will Madison Avenue steal ideas from the swathe of protest signs and unforgettable personalities that have materialized since the OCCUPY [Fill In The Blank] movement went global – without any significant gains…yet."
OCCUPY [Fill In The Blank] will feature artwork inspired by the movement known as ‘Occupy Providence’. Submitting artists are not required to pledge allegiance to the 99%, according to the gallery, but must have firsthand experience (in any capacity) with the OCCUPY movement.
From submissions, Yellow Peril Gallery will select up to 5 artists to exhibit at OCCUPY [Fill In The Blank]. Submissions not selected for this exhibition may be considered for future group and/or solo shows.
For criteria, required materials, and guidelines, please download the RFS and Application via Yellow Peril Gallery's Web site, here.
- NEW: Cicilline Supports Occupy Movement
- Occupy Wall Street Protesters Coming To Providence
- Art Review: “Borderline” + Beth Lipman
- NEW: Downtown Lawyer Now Representing Occupy Providence
- PODCAST: Exclusive: Infrared Cameras Show Occupy is Vacant
- Aaron Regunberg: Why You Should Occupy Providence
- NEW: Mayor Taveras Confirms City Will Likely Begin Legal Action Against Occupy Protesters This Week
- Rob Horowitz: Important Lessons for Occupy Movement
- BREAKING: Occupy Providence Camp Attacked By “Unidentified Man”
- NEW: Mayor Taveras Issues Statement on Occupy Providence
- Rob Horowitz: Occupy Wall Street Should Look to MLK
- Don Roach: Occupy & the Tea Party – Twins Separated at Birth
- NEW: Occupy Protesters Have 72 Hours to Leave Burnside Park
- Should Occupy Providence be allowed to protest without a permit?
- Don Roach: Too Many Vacancies in Occupy Movement
- NEW: Occupy Providence to Organize Mass Account Closure at Bank of America
- Tom Sgouros: Occupy Movement is on Right Track
- Donna Perry: Why Occupy Providence?
- NEW: Occupy Providence to Protest Mayor’s Fundraiser
- Tom Sgouros: What Occupy Wall Street Is All About
- NEW: ACLU Supports Occupy Providence
- Occupy Providence Eviction: RI Pols Weigh In
- Verizon Workers Support Local Occupy Movement