Travel + Leisure: Providence 4th Best Coffee City in US
Saturday, February 26, 2011
None other than Travel + Leisure Magazine just named Providence the fourth-best coffee city in the US. Only Seattle, Portland and San Francisco beat out Providence, which in turn bested hopped-up centers like New York, Denver, Savannah, New Orleans, Austin and Minneapolis.
For the last five years, readers of the powerful travel magazine have weighed in on various qualities of 35 major American cities. Providence was especially lauded for its many "mom-and-pop-style cafes," as well as its historical role in the proliferation of coffee syrup. We're talking legacy, here.
Can we get a refill?
For the entire list of all the cities Providence beat (Boston, 17th place!), go here.
- 5 Cups of Coffee: Northern Rhode Island
- Drinking Liberally at Blue State Coffee
- Providence “Kicks Boston’s Butt” in New GQ Ranking
- Providence 15th Best American City for Singles
- Providence 29th Most Stressful City, Says National Survey
- Providence 57th Most Educated City