Travel + Leisure Names RI’s Ocean House + Weekapaug Inn Tops in US
Thursday, October 17, 2013
While Ocean House is a veteran of T+L's annual reader's poll, this is the first appearance for the Weekapaug Inn, which reopened under Ocean House's management, last October.
Ocean House is "is grand as ever," says T+L. "Expansive decks and manicured croquet lawns are a nod to old-world glamour, while the light-filled 49 guest rooms and 22 private villas have modern bathrooms (oversize soaking tubs; marble tiles) and custom-made dark wood furnishings. On the ground floor there's the farm-to-table Seasons restaurant, with a veranda overlooking a private white-sand beach-the perfect spot to idle away an afternoon, cocktail in hand. What more could you want for a summer getaway?"
Perhaps because of its debut on the World's Best list, a summary of Weekapaug's charms was not yet available on the Travel + Leisure website.
Travelers name the best
T+L's annual ranking, which also names top destinations, airlines, cruise lines, river cruises, even car-rental companies, reflects the votes of its travel-savvy readers.
Weekapaug Inn was the sole New England property to make T+L's list for 2013.
Insider Picks + Tips from T+L
Travel + Leisure picked Ocean House's Grand Deluxe Room 301 as its highlighted "room to book," for its "blue-tiled fireplace, freestanding bathtub with ocean views, and private terrace." And for T+L's inside tip for Ocean House: "Consider a visit in the off-season—moody skies, long walks on the empty beach, and cozy treatments at OH! Spa make for easy romance."
- Travel + Leisure Names RI’s Ocean House + Weekapaug Inn Tops in US
- Ocean House To Host Black & White Ball For Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Weekapaug Inn Reopens This Weekend
- Ocean House’s OH! Spa Wins 5 Star Designation
- Five Things: Seasons at Ocean House, Watch Hill
- Rhode Island’s Ocean House Named Top 10 Hotel in US
- NEW: Ocean House Named 5-Diamond Resort by AAA
- Ocean House Gala for Ocean Community YMCA
- Ocean House Named #4 Resort in the US—Travel + Leisure
- Made-Over Weekapaug Inn to Reopen Under Ocean House Management
- Ocean House Named to Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List