‘Tinkered Treasures’ Crafting Party Features RI Author Elyse Major
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Kreatelier as she celebrates the success of her first book, Tinkered Treasures. The free event will take place on Thursday, September 19 from 6:30-9:30pm.
Released in February 2013 by CICO Books, Tinkered Treasures is a how-to craft book that demonstrates how everyday mundane items can be transformed into charming and unique items. Clear out the clutter in your home and turn those forgotten objects in your home into fun crafts. Major refers to these transformations as ‘tinkering’ as it perfectly describes her style of embellishing, repurposing and altering things without the need for any specialist tools and equipment or techniques.
“Ever since the book was released I have been dreaming of having an event at a bright and inspiring location,” said Major. “When I brought the idea to Kreatelier owners Pernilla Frazier and Line Daems, we shared an immediate excitement as ideas were flying and I knew this was the perfect venue.”
Major's book party, sponsored by Kidoinfo, will feature refreshments and a buffet that will include craft supplies and treats. Major will also hold a book signing for her work. For more info, click here.
- ‘Rock Bottom’ Author Michael Cooley
- Municipal Authority Isn’t Glamorous, But It’s Key to RI’s Recovery
- NEW: Whitehouse Provisions Included in Defense Authorization Measure
- Author Amy Tan Coming to Johnson & Wales
- NEW: Author/Activist Marlen Suyapa Bodden to Speak at URI Graduation
- NYTimes Best Selling Author and Director of The Crowdwire Bill Powers on GoLocalProv and WHJJ
- Author Ann Hood Names Winners in Student Writing Contest
- NEW: Bridge and Turnpike Authority Approves Sakonnet Bridge Tolls
- New Complaint Includes Lewd Pics & No-Bid Contracts at Providence Housing Authority
- Beloved Authors Jane Green, Sarah McCoy + Jenna Blum Coming To RI
- NEW: Housing Authority Director Says He May Resign Tonight
- RI’s NASA Astronomer + Author Kim Arcand Talks To GoLocal
- Civil War Author Mark Dunkelman Traces Sherman’s March in New Book
- NEW: Providence Housing Authority Named a “High Performer”
- Should the Feds Investigate Providence Housing Authority?
- Don’t Miss: An Evening With Authors Oct. 3
- NEW: Rep. Gordon Drafts Resolution Opposing National Defense Authorization Act of 2012
- U.S. Senator Calls for Investigation into Providence Housing Authority
- Don’t Miss: RI Festival of Children’s Books & Authors Oct. 13
- NEW: Senator Reed Announces Agreement Defense Authorization Bill
- Up Close with Author Raina C. Smith
- Lincoln Abuse Survivor, Author, Keith Smith Talks to GoLocal
- NEW: Whitehouse Calls for Reauthorization of Violence Against Women Act
- Up Close with Author Taylor M. Polites