slides: PHOTOS: The Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan at the Xfinity Center and Mohegan Sun
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
The Doobie Brothers, led by founding members Tom John and Patrick Simmons, played what felt like an endless stream of their masterpieces including “Rockin’ Down The Highway,’’ Jesus Is Just Alright,” “Takin It to The Streets,” “Take Me In Your Arms,” Black Water,” “Long Train Runnin’,” “China Grove,” and “Listen To The Music.”
Steely Dan brought their brand of jazz, pop, and r&b, with iconic Donald Fagen leading the way on keyboards and vocals. Hardcore Steely Dan fans were provided a set that aimed to please, with band staples such as “Bodhisattava,” “Hey Nineteen,” “Black Friday,” “Aja,” “FM (No Static At All),” “Kid Charlemagne,” “Rikki Don’t Lose That Number,” “Peg,” Black Cow,” “Josie,” “My Old School,” and “Reelin in the Years.”
Both bands were on the mark both nights, giving the hungry crowd what they came for… a night of some good ole 70’s rock.
GoLocalProv was there to capture both nights of classic rock.
See the slideshow below for photos.
The Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan at the Xfinity Center and Mohegan Sun
Two iconic bands from the 70’s, the Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan, played to packed houses at the Xfinity Center and Mohegan Sun this past Saturday and Sunday.
- Concert Review: John Fogerty at Mohegan Sun
- Barenaked Ladies, Better Than Ezra, and KT Tunstall Wow the Mohegan Sun Arena
- Queen Rules Mohegan Sun
- Brad Paisley Closes Out Xfinity Center Season With a Bang!
- Mojo Photography: The Wailers Live at Newport Yachting Center
- Mojo Photography: 17th Annual Rhythm and Roots Festival
- Mojo Photography: Singer Paul Anka Performs at the Vets
- Mojo Photography: Dennis DeYoung Performs at Park Theatre