Sarah Brightman to Come to Providence for PPAC Show on August 22
Monday, May 12, 2014
World's Biggest Selling Soprano
A pioneer of the classical crossover genre, Ms. Brightman is known as the world’s biggest selling soprano of all time with global sales surpassing 30 million units.
She is renowned for possessing a vocal range of over three full octaves and for her impassioned stage and film performances.
Ms. Brightman has received more than 180 gold and platinum awards in over 40 countries.
In 1981, Ms. Brightman made her West End musical theatre debut in Cats and met Andrew Lloyd Webber.
She went on to star in several Broadway musicals, including The Phantom of the Opera, where she originated the role of Christine Daaé.
She was also the first artist to have been invited to perform the official theme songs at the Olympic Games on two occasions.
The first was at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games which was followed 16 years later by a performance at the opening ceremony in Beijing.
Ms. Brightman recently accepted the UNESCO nomination to be an “Artist for Peace” Ambassador for her “commitment to humanitarian and charitable causes.”
Related Slideshow: Columbus Theatre Tribute to David Lamb
- 5 Weekend Musts: Elf, The Musical at PPAC + More
- American A Cappella Returns to Ocean State Theatre on May 31
- 5 Weekend Musts: Million Dollar Quartet at PPAC + More
- Blues Legend Buddy Guy Coming to the Park Theatre
- 5 Weekend Musts: The Grinch Comes to PPAC + More
- Local Musicians Honor Brown Bird’s David Lamb at Columbus Theatre
- 5 Weekend Musts: Blue Man Group at PPAC + More
- DON’T MISS: Out Loud Theatre’s Cowboy Mouth in Downtown Prov.
- NEW: All-New Phantom of the Opera Tour Will Launch at PPAC
- Lisa Marie Presley Set to Perform at Park Theater in Cranston
- PPAC Announces Musical Lineup for the 2014-2015 Broadway Season
- 5 Weekend Musts: Bill Cosby at PPAC + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: American Idiot at PPAC + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: Mary Poppins at PPAC + More
- Gamm Theatre Seeks Young Actors for Summer Productions
- 5 Weekend Musts: Come Fly Away at PPAC + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: La Cage Aux Folles At Ocean State Theatre