slides: Rhode Island’s Biggest PowerBall Winners
Friday, May 17, 2013
Saturday's estimated $550 million PowerBall® jackpot is now the second largest for PowerBall® overall, with a lump sum payment of $302.4 million. Combined with the $190 million Mega Millions® jackpot, it's the second largest combined jackpot ever in the nation.
The PowerBall® jackpot has rolled 13 times since it began on April 1, 2013.
Last night's PowerBall® drawing resulted in a $10,000 winning ticket sold Rhode Island. The ticket matched four numbers and the PowerBall® number. The standard payout for this type of win is $10,000. The winner did not purchase the Power Play® feature for an additional dollar on the wager. If the player had opted for Power Play®, the $10,000 prize would have been increased to $40,000.
The winning ticket was purchased at Tiverton Liquors, 65 Main Rd., Tiverton. The $10,000 prize has yet to be claimed.
- NEW: Second Rhode Island Powerball Winner in One Month
- NEW: $10,000 Unclaimed PowerBall Ticket Still Out There
- NEW: Tonight’s PowerBall Jackpot is a Quarter BILLION Dollars
- NEW: $10K PowerBall Winner Claims Prize Post-Irene
- NEW: Wednesday PowerBall® Jackpot is $245 Million
- NEW: $336.4 Million Powerball Ticket Sold in Newport
- NEW: $336.4 Million Powerball Winner Will Be Revealed Tomorrow
- NEW: $336.4 Million RI Powerball Winner Louise White Claims Prize
- NEW: Kathleen Last of Smithfield Claims $60 Million Powerball
- NEW: PowerBall’s $10K Winner Steps Forward