Providence Unveils Digital Guides to 15 City Neighborhoods
Monday, May 14, 2018
“Direct spending on leisure travel by domestic and international travelers totaled $718.4 billion in 2017. In Providence, the power of travel is literally changing the landscape of the city, with several new hotels in various stages of development,” said Martha Sheridan, PWCVB president and CEO and a board member of the U.S. Travel Association.
The release of the new guides is part of National Tourism Week, which celebrates the accomplishments and contributions of the travel industry.
Guides were developed with a visitor’s perspective in mind – defining the neighborhoods as a visitor would see them and including historical and cultural highlights, attractions, restaurants and retail options.
The goal is to showcase diverse local businesses while providing visitors with a larger number of experiences that they can tailor to their own specific interests.
The bureau is encouraging people to post Instagram photos of things they feel a visitor would enjoy.
To see the guides, click here.
Related Slideshow: RI Tourism’s Advertising Campaign “Fun-Sized”
- RI’s Still Dissatisfied About Direction, Supports Charter Schools, Tourism and Legalized Marijuana
- Agency Finalist for RI Tourism Account Wins Top Award for Montana Tourism Ads
- Blackstone River Valley Celebrates National Bike & Tourism Month Starting May 1
- RI Tourism’s Havas Hires Top Lobbyist as Consultant
- RI Commerce Cancels Havas’ Tourism Contract, Firm Hit With More Fee Cuts: UPDATED
- Raimondo’s National Press Problem Following Tourism Fallout
- Before Running RI’s Tourism PR, Havas Worked for Cianci’s Campaign
- NEW: Raimondo Fires Betsy Wall For Tourism Campaign Debacle
- Westerly Chamber Boss Asks Commerce’s Wall and Pryor to Put Westerly in RI’s Tourism Video
- Raimondo’s Tourism Problems Are Far From Over
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Carson: Mismanagement of Tourism Campaign Has Jarred RI
- Top Tourism Leader Makes Urgent Plea for New RI Branding Campaign
- RI Airport Corporation Taps Top Airport and Tourism Leader
- Rep. Nardolillo Blasts Raimondo Over New Tourism Campaign
- RI Selects New Tourism Vendors - Will State Finally Get it Right?
- Does New RI Company’s Drone Video Have Tourism Potential?
- Error Riddled Tourism Campaign Consultant Wins National Award for RI Work
- RI Tourism Breaks New Advertising Campaign Into “Fun-Sized”
- Tourism Officials Fight to Bring Norwegian Air to RI, Langevin and Cicilline Fight Against Airline
- Fall River Mayor Correia Talks Tourism on GoLocal LIVE
- RI Tourism Vendor Who Did Iceland Video Sued for Stealing
- RI Commerce Corp Seeking Proposals for New Business, Tourism Advertising Agencies
- RI’s $5 Million Tourism RFP Sparks Questions
- LIVE: Trudy Coxe Talks Tourism and the Future of Preserving the Past
- Whitcomb Talks ProJo Staff Exodus and Tourism Re-Do on GoLocal LIVE