NEW: Providence Named Top Arts Destination by AmericanStyle Magazine
Thursday, June 09, 2011
The magazine assessed American cities in three groups: big, mid-size and small. Providence ranked at #13 in the mid-size list.
AmericanStyle's rankings, the 14th annual listing, were created by polling its readership. It's not wonder Providence held its own in a national arts smack-down, with everything from WaterFire's international prominence to the Providence Art Club's historic provenance. Add in one of the country's most prestigious art schools, RISD, and it's a competitive mix.
Boston cracked the big cities list at number five, while the small cities list had four New England showings. Gloucester, MA, ranked third, while Brattleboro, VT, Burlington, VT, and Northampton, MA came in at 13, 17 and 22 respectively.
Not surprisingly, New York, Chicago and Washington DC ranked in the top three of the big cities list.
- NEW: Providence Chosen One of the Most Underrated Cities in the World by Travel + Leisure
- NEW: Providence Named 3rd Best Burger Town in US by Travel + Leisure
- NEW: Providence Named New England’s ‘Coolest City’ by Britain’s Telegraph
- Providence 15th Best American City for Singles
- Providence 57th Most Educated City