Prov Children’s Museum to Display Adoption RI’s Heart Gallery
Thursday, August 20, 2015
“It’s particularly poignant to display the Heart Gallery at the Children’s Museum because our acclaimed Families Together program, a collaboration with the Department of Children, Youth & Families, works on behalf of children in foster care every day, providing therapeutic visitation to help court-separated families rebuild relationships,” said Megan Fischer, the Museum’s interim executive director.
Visitors to the museum can meet Adoption Rhode Island representatives on Friday, August 21 from 5-7:30 p.m.
The children awaiting adoption are between the ages of 5 and 17 and have emotional, physical and/or intellectual disabilities and have suffered abuse or neglect. Several kids have waited years and have gone through multiple placements which resulted in losses or separations.
Seventeen of these children will be featured in the Heart Gallery with a booklet, telling their stories, accompanying them.
The Heart Gallery
Since 2005,The Heart Gallery has helped Adoption Rhode Island increase awareness of the need for loving adoptive homes for children in foster care along with increasing rates of adoption of and support for the children that are pictured.
The Providence Children's Museum has previously displayed The Heart Gallery in 2007 and in 2013.
For more information, click here.
- NEW: Patrice Wood Receives National Honor for Adoption Work
- Don’t Miss: Anthropologie’s “Sit, Stay, Love” Pet Adoption Event
- Family Court Hosts Adoption Day
- Rob Horowitz: Pension Reform Poised for Adoption
- NEW: Langevin Recognizes RI Angel in Adoption
- Prov. Animal Rescue League: Discount Adoption Fees Today, Tomorrow
- Don’t Miss: Super Dog Adoption Day
- Rob Horowitz: Let’s Celebrate RI’s Adoption of Marriage Equality
- Bank RI’s O’Donnell Saracino Receives National “Angel in Adoption” Honor
- 5 Weekend Musts: Providence Children’s Film Festival + More
- Daily Vine: Providence Children’s Museum
- Providence Children’s Film Festival Bigger Than Ever For 2013
- Don’t Miss: 2012 Providence Children’s Film Festival
- Playful Finger Puppets at Providence Children’s Museum
- Providence Children’s Film Festival Kicks Off This Week
- Providence Children’s Museum AmeriCorps Team Logs 22,500 Hours
- Don’t Miss: 2014 Providence Children’s Film Festival
- Water Ways Exhibit Now Open at Providence Children’s Museum
- Providence Children’s Museum to Host Resource Fair
- Cardboard Challenge At Providence Children’s Museum
- Providence Children’s Author Puts the Reader in the Book
- DON’T MISS: Ring in the New Year at Providence Children’s Museum
- Providence Children’s Film Fest Promises “More Than Just Movies”