PeaceLove Studios to Celebrate Grand Opening with Party Feb. 5th
Friday, January 31, 2014
The party will run from 6pm to 10pm and members of the public are invited and encouraged to attend.
"We're very excited to open a space in Rhode Island," said Jeff Sparr, PeaceLove Studios' co-founder. Both he and business partner Matthew Kaplan are native Rhode Islanders who hope to eventually open PeaceLove Studios nationwide.
Creativity Making a Difference
Sparr also emphasized how pleased PeaceLove is to announce their partnership with Alex and Ani's Charity by Design, who will produce the new "Peace of Mind" bangle. Sparr stressed that both companies' commitment to making a difference was a big part of why the partnership was so appealing to PeaceLove--in addition to their shared Rhode Island roots.
The PeaceLove opening will feature free wine, beer, martinis, and oysters, as well as a score of skateboard artists from across the country. All of the proceeds from the event will go towards art programs at the Providence VA Medical Center. For Sparr, contributing to the causes that he and his partners value in the community is a large part of why PeaceLove operates.
"PeaceLove is an experience that, in multiple ways, is meant to change the face of mental illness in this country," Sparr said.
For more information on this expanding local enterprise or the February 5th grand opening, contact PeaceLove at 401-475-9778 or visit their website, http://peacelovestudios.com/.
Related Slideshow: 6 Delicious New England Bakeries
The Daily Meal has compiled a list of America's 50 Best Bakeries; which New England hotspots made the list?
Seven Stars Bakery, Providence
Seven Stars Bakery is a staple for any Providence foodie. With breads and pastries made from scratch with local ingredients, the top-notch Seven Stars Bakery strives for quality. Can't decide what you're in the mood for? Try the lemon pound cake, olive bread filled with Kalamata and Moroccan oil cured olives, or ginger biscuit scones.
820 Hope Street, Providence
342 Broadway, Providence
Rumford Center, 20 Newman Avenue, East Providence
A & J King, Salem, MA
A & J King Artisan Bakers serves traditional, artisanal bread and pastries. Along with the bakery's regular menu selections, A & J King features rotating weekly specials like semolina apricot fennel and asiago chile. Have their tried-and-true sticky bun or the caramel bourbon pecan bread pudding for another gooey treat.
48 Central Street, Salem, MA
Mike’s Pastry, Boston, MA
For the best cannoli in Boston, it's all about Mike’s Pastry. But while you're in there make sure to check out the rest of what it has to offer; you won't regret it. From boozy rum cakes to red velvet whoopie pies to ricotta pie to lobster tail, a flaky pastry filled with either white cream or yellow custard, there’s something to suit every sweet craving. And of course, don't forget the classic Boston cream pies!
300 Hanover Street, Boston
Clear Flour Bread, Brookline, MA
Clear Flour Bread has been a Brookline fixture for more than 30 years and has the awards to show for it! Clear Flour Bread prides itself on its Italian and French pastries being made from scratch, shaped by hand, and baked in a stone hearth. The morning buns will pick you right up on those sluggish Mondays, and their croissants, cranberry currant scones, and molasses cookies are to die for.
178 Thorndike Street, Brookline, MA
Standard Baking Co., Portland, ME
The Standard Baking Company in downtown Portland has every bread you could possibly want. Rosemary focaccia, pain de mie, brioche, boules, epi bread? Check. Morning buns? Check. Croissants? Take your pick: almond, chocolate, plain, or ham and cheese? Whatever you're in the mood for, owners Allison Bray and Matt James have got you covered.
75 Commercial Street, Portland, ME
Flour Bakery + Café, Boston, MA
A trip to Flour Bakery and Café is the kind of thing that will easily make your day. Be sure to try the amazing sticky buns, the banana bread, granola bars, or brioche with raisins. And for those with a sweet tooth, check out the lemon curd cakes with raspberry preserve, Milky Way tarts, and chocolate cupcakes with Crispy Magic Frosting. Is your mouth watering yet?
12 Farnsworth Street, Boston
1595 Washington Street, Boston
190 Mass. Ave., Cambridge
131 Clarendon Street, Boston
- Alex and Ani Opens Pavillion + Lounge At Newport Polo This Weekend
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Receive Humanitarian Award
- PODCAST: Alex + Ani CEO Buys Newport Mansion for $6.8M Cash
- Don’t Miss: Alex and Ani “Path of Life” Book Signing at Foxwoods
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Giovanni Feroce Will Address URI Commencement
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Alex Morash: The Power of the Youth Vote
- NEW: Alex and Ani Designer Rafaelian Appears Tonight on “The Boss”
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- EXCLUSIVE: Alex + Ani CEO Buys Newport Mansion for $6.8M Cash
- NEW: Alex and Ani Launches Seven Swords Acquisitions, Partnerships
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Address RI College Commencement
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Alex Morash: Why I’m Voting for David Cicilline
- NEW: Alex and Ani Expands Media Division
- Alex and Ani Founder Buys Belcourt Castle
- NEW: $8.95 Million Sale of Sakonnet Vineyards To Alex and Ani Final
- NEW: Alex and Ani Previews 2014 Super Bowl Ad
- Alex and Ani Fuels Economy - Creates Thousands of Jobs in RI
- MUSIC: Calexico Charms At The Met
- NEW: Alex and Ani University TEDx Event Sold Out For Jan. 20
- Alex and Ani Launches Super Bowl Ad
- NEW: Alex and Ani “Path Of Life” Book Will Debut March 4
- NEW: GoGo Cast Launches App With Alex and Ani’s Seven Swords Media