PC Teams With CityArts for Photo Exhibit Titled “commYOUnity: Everyone’s a Masterpiece”
Thursday, April 13, 2017
The exhibit will be held on Thursday, April 27 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at CityArts.
Proceeds will be given to the partnering organizations, CityArts and YouthRAP.
Abstract portraits will be used to highlight the theme of self-expression and self-identity within a community.
The exhibit will give the audience a glimpse of how the artists see themselves.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to This Spring in New England - 2018
One of the best parts of Spring and Summer is the return of Waterfire.
Providence WaterFire has grown to be an iconic Rhode Island event. Starting out in 1994 to celebrate it has grown to run continuously, once a month, from May-November and boasts over 80 blazing fires in the middle of the Providence River.
Playing Golf at Harbor Lights
Tee it up at Harbor Lights Country Club and dive right into golf season.
The Spring is a great time to get warmed up and get some swings in before the heart of the season hits in the summer.
Enjoy being back out on the course. Save the super serious golf for the summer.
Bicycling on the Central Mass Rail Trail
Once the streets are clear of ice and snow and the temperatures rise, one of the most fun things to do in New England is to jump on a bike and go for a nice long ride.
There are plenty of bike paths to explore at your leisure, and many cities like Providence, Boston, and Worcester are beginning to make city streets much more bike friendly.
The Volvo Ocean Race is a 45,000 nautical mile sailing race that takes its teams around the world, across four oceans, touching six continents and 12 Host Cities.
The Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover will be a chance for visitors to view the world’s top sailors and race boats during the 12-day event in Newport.
The Newport Stopover will take place from May 8 to the 20.
Walking the Newport Cliff Walk
The Cliff Walk is one of Newport’s most famous attractions is its gilded age mansions lining the coast. Entry to the mansions will cost a fee, but with the Cliff Walk, you can enjoy views of the mansions with amazing views of the water all for free.
The 3.5 mile long path runs behind the mansions on the eastern shore of Newport. It is a National Recreation Trail – the first in New England! The majority of the walk is easy, but be sure to wear good shoes; the sand can make the path slippery.
Outdoor Dining at Boat House Restaurant in Newport
Newport Restaurant Group made this a must-visit spot several years ago and now the expected accolades have followed.
The views of Mount Hope Bay are unparalleled.
Enjoy a nice glass of wine with some lobster fritters that had sweet corn and a chipotle mayo and followed that with pan-roasted George’s Bank scallops with a delightful spring pea risotto, pea greens from Allen Farm and a citrus emulsion.
Spring Vacation on Block Island
Get away from the hustle and bustle of the world and take a spring vacation to Block Island and enjoy all they have to offer.
Maybe a spa? a swim? Some shopping? there are plenty of options.
If Block Island doesn't do it for you, Newport is also a great place to take a break.
Or maybe do both.
Visiting Arcadia National Park in Maine
People have been drawn to the rugged coast of Maine throughout history. Awed by its beauty and diversity, early 20th-century visionaries donated the land that became Acadia National Park.
The park is home to many plants and animals, and the tallest mountain on the U.S. Atlantic coast.
Visit Acadia and hike granite peaks, bike historic carriage roads, or relax and enjoy the scenery.
The 7th annual Newport Craft Beer Festival is set for Friday, April 27 and Saturday, April 28 at Newport Storm Brewery.
The event will bring in brewers from as far away as California and as close as Newport.
It is a 21+ celebration.
Get your rods and reels ready because with the approach of warmer weather comes the return of fishing seasons. While some New England states allow for fishing year-round, many New England states have opening days for trout fishing that begin in early April.
Although there is still a plentiful amount of snow on the ground, fishing season is right around the corner.
photo credit: Grand River Conservation Authority/Flickr
Sailing at Charles River Yacht Club in Boston
One ritual of the spring that many New Englanders are looking forward to is getting the boat back in the water and the Charles River Yacht Club is a place to do it.
After the brutal winter, we've had, boaters are chomping at the bit to get back on the water and enjoy our awesome waterfronts and bays.
Lower Heating Bills
As winter will come to a close New Englanders could look forward to spending less money on heating bills.
Although the bitter cold is hitting New England hard, and also therefore hitting their wallets hard, this brutal cold streak will soon come to an end and we'll be able to turn down our thermostats save some cash.
photo credit: Images Money/Flickr
- Newport Jazz Festival Announces 4th Part of 2017 Lineup
- RI-Based SquadLocker Partners With SportsEngine Inc, Expects to Add Jobs
- Is Raimondo’s College Plan Dead? Paiva Weed’s Departure, Trump and CPAs’ Opposition
- LIVE: Making Her Mark: Women Artists’ History Finally Told
- Newport Restaurant Week Features 50 Restaurants - See the Participants
- Providence’s Fogarty Building Demolished, What Other Buildings Should Go?
- URI Falls 75-72 to Oregon in NCAA Tournament Heartbreaker
- Funeral to be Held for Demolished Fogarty Building
- LIVE: Social Media + Caffeine = Success for The Nitro Cart
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Stewart: Why I Oppose Raimondo’s Free College Scheme
- Smart Benefits: Audit or No Audit, Stay HIPAA Compliant
- Smart Benefits: Give Your Benefits a Boost
- LIVE: Call for Artists; Inside the Wickford Art Assoc. & 55th Wickford Art Fest
- Smart Benefits: Boost Employee Engagement in Five Steps
- Ann Wilson of Heart Wows The Park Theatre
- LIVE: Friends Way Seeing Increase in Participants With Rise in Drug Abuse
- RI Department of Health Warns of Recall on Gluten-Free Chocolate Kokosh Cake
- LIVE: Rhode Island Scientist Kimberly Arcand Brings The Universe To Earth
- Smart Benefits: 2017 - The Year of the Agile Workplace
- State Leaders to Take Part in Education Awareness Week Beginning April 3
- RI State Trooper Accused of Assault Now Suing O’Donnell, Kilmartin for Punitive Damages
- LIVE: Artisanal Roasters Borealis Connects People To Their Cup of Coffee
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Stewart: James Baldwin & Neo-Nazis in Prov on Same Weekend
- Hartford’s New Baseball Stadium to Open After Delays, Lawsuits, Debt, and Now a FBI Probe