Organize + Energize: Tame Your Gym Bag Now
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
The warm weather is here and it’s time for us to gear up for bathing suit weather. I know some of us cringe when we think of putting a bathing suit on, but let’s get motivated and be prepared for exercise whenever the chance arises. Schedule your workouts ahead of time and be prepared with a bag full of everything you need for your workouts.
Keep an organized exercise bag on hand at all times. Never say you can't work out again because you forgot your bag.
Here are 6 tips:
1. Find a great bag that will hold everything that you are going to store in it.
First, figure out what you are storing in your bag and then purchase the bag to accommodate the items. You might fall in love with a bag only to find out it doesn’t hold everything.
2. Make a list of everything you utilize for the gym:
Sneakers, deodorant, shampoo, towels, water, combination lock, makeup, hair brushes/accessories, magazine, music, change of clothes, etc.
3. Purchase trial size items to store in your bag so you don't have to take them in and out of your bag every time.
The trials size items will always stay in your bag.
4. Round up all of the above and purchase small accessory bags to contain your makeup and items for your hair.
Each category should have its own bag within the gym bag. Label or color code if you must.
5. Either keep this bag in your trunk or office at all times or keep the bag in an area in your home where you can just grab and go.
6. Keeping the bag in your trunk and/or office will allow you to be ready at a moment's notice.
If you decide it's a nice day and you want to take a walk after work or you decide you want to take an exercise class after work, you will never have an excuse not to exercise. You can never say you left your clothes at home.
Take this one more step and start scheduling your workouts into your calendar just as you would schedule an appointment. Start now and schedule your workouts for the rest of May and into the entire month of June. Knowing ahead of time when you are going to exercise will keep you on track. Can’t make a scheduled workout one day? You can look ahead and know that you have 3 other workouts scheduled for the week!
You now have your workouts scheduled, and your bag prepped! You'll never rush and be late to a class again because you are racing around trying to gather everything. You'll never get to the gym and say you forgot your music, elastic for your hair, or towel. This is just one more piece of the puzzle to help you if you are trying to lose weight.
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Garage
- Organize + Energize: Spring Cleaning + Your Medicine Cabinet
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Organize Your Makeup
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Have The Best Yard Sale Ever
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Organize Your Kids’ Clothing
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Save Time