Organize + Energize: Get Organized For the Holidays
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
This article is Part I of IV. For 4 weeks, I will be writing about how to get through the holidays in an organized, efficient manner and remain stress free. This week it’s about planning and preparing.
Here are 5 tips to get you started:
Organize your kitchen.
If you are cooking for your guests, organize your kitchen now. Set aside 3 hours to tackle your kitchen. Start with the food pantry and then move to your appliances. By organizing your kitchen, you will save time and money, be less stressed, and you will be more efficient.
Plan your menus now.
Write down all the dishes you will be serving and then write down all the ingredients you need to purchase. If your kitchen is organized, it’s going to be a breeze to make your shopping list from the food pantry.
Utilize a calendar.
Clear the mental clutter and get everything out of your head and onto the calendar. Our minds are full of information and the appointment you think you will remember but don’t write down is the one you will forget.
Table settings and decorations.
Think about how you want to set the table and how you want your home to look this holiday. Jot it all down if you must, and then make a plan to tackle it.
Break up errands.
Think about what stores you need to shop at and plan to spend a day in one area instead of running all over town wasting gas and sitting in traffic. Make lists and stick to them.
By planning and preparing, you are going to have a stress free holiday season. You won’t be purchasing duplicate items, because you will know exactly what you have. By planning you will not waste precious time, you will know what you need to do and when you need to do it. Above all, you will be less overwhelmed and less stressed. We have enough stress with outside forces. Control this aspect and you will greatly reduce your stress and enjoy the holiday.
Next week’s article: Clear the clutter and get organized for the holidays.
- Back To School Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Make Mornings Easier
- Organize + Energize: 5 Tips For Easier Back To School Shopping
- Organize + Energize: 9 Ways to Save Money + Time At The Market
- Organize + Energize: Throwing Out Your Wedding Dress
- Back To School Organize + Energize: Creating Homework Spaces
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Get More Free Time
- Organize + Energize: Back To School Family Calendar Ideas
- Back To School Organize + Energize: Managing Family Paperwork
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Organize Your Health Records
- Organize + Energize: Getting Rid Of All That Stuff
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Garage
- Organize + Energize: 7 Tips On Clearing Mental Clutter
- Organize + Energize: How To Handle Your Disorganized Teen
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Linen Closet
- Organize + Energize: 8 Steps For Organizing Your Home Office
- Organize + Energize: How To Manage All That Paper
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To a Clutter-Free Bedroom
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Keep Clutter Out Of Your Kitchen
- Organize + Energize: Tame Your Gym Bag Now
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Have The Best Yard Sale Ever
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Stay Organized For Summer Outings
- Organize + Energize: The Instant Cure For Disorganization
- Organize + Energize: 5 Reasons To Use A To-Do List
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways to Get More Time In Your Day
- Organize + Energize: The Power of a Closet Purge