Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Get More Free Time
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Here are 5 tips that will give you more free time:
1. To-do lists.
Create daily to-do lists instead of weekly to-do lists. Daily to-do lists are less overwhelming and you will be more apt to complete and check off the list if you are just focusing on daily tasks. Get everything out of your head and onto paper/electronics. Mental clutter is a distraction and can be stressful. Write everything on your to-do list. Laundry, exercise, and other activities should be on the list also. Creating a to-do list will save you time, because you know exactly what you have to do and where you have to be. No more wasting time.
2. Plan ahead.
Plan your meals, snacks, and outfits at the beginning of the week for the week ahead. Anything you can plan for, do it! You will be amazed at the extra time you get from planning ahead.
Prepare anything you can to make your life easier. Prepare your meals, have pre-packed beach bags, sports and gym bags. The idea is to be able to grab and go.
4. Create systems for everything you do.
By creating systems for everything you do at home you will save time because you won’t be running around the house searching for items, or wondering if you forgot to do something. Have a working organized system for everything you do in your home. It can be from handling your mail to filing to putting away the laundry.
5. Get your entire home organized.
You’ve heard the saying “A place for everything and everything in its place.” You will run an efficient and productive home in turn saving you time if you get your entire home organized.
All of the above sound like simple tasks, but when everything comes together as a whole, you will definitely find you have more time in your schedule. We all want more free time in the day. Did you ever think that by being organized you could have that free time? Yes, you can! It’s proven. Incorporate a few or all of the tips above and watch how much more free time you will have in your schedule. Now that you have all this free time, how will you spend it?
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Stay On Top Of Your Mail
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Stay Organized For Summer Outings
- Organize + Energize: Tame Your Gym Bag Now
- Organize + Energize: 4 Steps To Combat Mental Overload
- Organize + Energize: 9 Ways To Get The Most Out of Containers
- Organize + Energize: The Power of a Closet Purge
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Garage
- Organize + Energize: 7 Tips On Clearing Mental Clutter
- Organize + Energize: 9 Ways to Save Money + Time At The Market
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Linen Closet
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Maximize Your Space
- Organize + Energize: Be Ready For Emergencies
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To Organizing Your Office
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Organize Your Makeup
- Organize + Energize: Getting Rid Of All That Stuff
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To a Clutter-Free Bedroom
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Save Time
- Organize + Energize: Organize Your Kids
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Have The Best Yard Sale Ever
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Keep Clutter Out Of Your Kitchen
- Organize + Energize: Smart Packing For Spring Travel
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Organize Your Kids’ Clothing
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Organize Your Pets
- Organize + Energize: Spring Cleaning + Your Medicine Cabinet