Organize + Energize: 5 Reasons To Use A To-Do List
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
Here are 5 reasons why you should utilize a to-do list:
1. Clear the clutter from the mind.
We are always so busy and have so much going on. Get everything out of your mind and onto paper. Keep a pen and pad handy and jot your to-do thoughts down. Keep appointments, daily chores, errands, and anything else you need to accomplish out of your mind onto your to-do list.
2. Never ask yourself, 'What am I forgetting?'
You will never forget an appointment again. Transfer everything from your calendar to the daily to-do list. You may say this would take too much time, but on Friday afternoon, take 10 minutes to create your to-list for the following week.
3. Stay on track with household chores, and workouts.
Laundry, housecleaning, and workouts go on the daily to-do list. Write them down just as you would an appointment.
4. Feeling of accomplishment once completed.
You will love crossing off items on your to-do list. It’s a feeling of, yes, I accomplished everything I needed to today.
5. Have an idea of where you need to be in the upcoming week.
Do you have errands to run during the week? You will see if you have to be in Cranston on Tuesday and then you can plan your errands that you have in Cranston for that day so you aren’t running all over town, wasting time and gas.
I can’t live without my to-do list. I need it to function throughout the week. Not writing to-do lists? Try writing one for the week ahead. Write it from your personal and work calendar. Feel free to use good ole’ fashioned pen and paper for your to-do list or utilize apps on your phone or tablet. It’s a personal preference. Choose the one that best suits you and the one that you will utilize. You will be amazed at how much you will accomplish and how it will decrease your stress, save you time, and clear the mental clutter.
To get your own adorable Owl To-Do List pad, visit Boygirlparty on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/listing/61988820/owl-to-do-list-notepad-yellow-by.
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Garage
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Maximize Your Space
- Organize + Energize: Be Ready For Emergencies
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Linen Closet
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Organize Your Makeup
- Organize + Energize: Getting Rid Of All That Stuff
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To Organizing Your Office
- Organize + Energize: 8 Steps For Organizing Your Home Office
- Organize + Energize: How To Handle Your Disorganized Teen
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To a Clutter-Free Bedroom
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Keep Clutter Out Of Your Kitchen
- Organize + Energize: Organize Your Kids
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Have The Best Yard Sale Ever
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Stay Organized For Summer Outings
- Organize + Energize: Tame Your Gym Bag Now
- Back To School Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Make Mornings Easier
- Organize + Energize: 5 Tips For Easier Back To School Shopping
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways to Get More Time In Your Day
- Organize + Energize: The Power of a Closet Purge
- Back To School Organize + Energize: Creating Homework Spaces
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Get More Free Time
- Organize + Energize: 9 Ways to Save Money + Time At The Market
- Back To School Organize + Energize: Managing Family Paperwork
- Organize + Energize: 7 Tips On Clearing Mental Clutter
- Organize + Energize: Back To School Family Calendar Ideas