Organize + Energize: 3 Ways Being Organized Will Help You Become More Efficient & Productive!
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Being physically organized is only one aspect. By being organized, you’re also planning and preparing, using to-do lists, a calendar or planning and preparing meals, workouts, etc. You’re creating structure in all aspects of your life. When all of these things come together, you’ll have more free time, less stress, more money in your pocket and you’ll be more efficient and productive.
Here are 3 ways that being organized will help you become more efficient and productive.
Less is more. The less you have, the fewer decisions you have to make. For instance, let’s look at your clothes closet. If it’s winter and your summer clothes are mixed in the closet and you’re touching 5 summer outfits before you find the winter outfit you want, you’ve just wasted time. If you have clothes that don’t fit that are mixed in with your current wardrobe, again, think about the time you’re wasting. If there are clothes you’re no longer wearing but you touch them every day to get to the piece you want, you’re wasting more time. Take inventory of your closet and make a plan to streamline and organize it according to how you function.
Creating Structure. You can create structure in many ways. You can start using a daily to-do list. Every Sunday, plan and prepare your meals for the week. Use a calendar and mark it up on a daily basis. Start planning your exercise time, even if it’s going for a walk, schedule it. Get in a routine with household chores and schedule them onto your calendars and to-do lists. When you have structure and routines, everything gets easier. When an external stressor arrives, it will be that much easier to handle, because you’ll put the fire out and go back to your scheduled routines. If you’re disorganized, it’s going to take you longer to recover.
Releasing mental clutter. Yes, it’s a thing. You can be disorganized in the brain. You may be forgetting to do things, or you feel like you’re losing your mind. You may have multiple projects going on in the home or at work and you’re stressed to the max. It’s time to get organized in your mind. You can do that by releasing the mental clutter that’s making you feel stressed. Grab a pen and paper and just do a brain dump. Get everything out of your mind and onto paper. Don’t worry if it’s not organized, you can do that once you’re done. Mark up your calendar, plan out your projects, whatever you need to do to get that release. Continue to do this on a daily basis. Can’t sleep, keep a notebook by the bed and jot down anything you need to release in your mind before you go to sleep.
If you’re tired of living a chaotic life, it’s time to make some positive changes. Once you’re physically organized, you can start focusing on the above. In no time, you’ll be running like a well-oiled machine and you’ll wonder why you didn’t tackle this sooner. Break this process down, take it one step at a time and focus on one area at a time. It’s a big lifestyle change that takes determination, motivation and persistence, but once you’ve mastered it, you’ll never look back on your old ways.
Related Slideshow: Organize + Energize: 2016 Year in Review
6 Productivity Habits My Parents Taught Me When I Was Young
When both parents are disorganized at home, most of the time, their kids are following in their footsteps. The organizational skill set never gets passed down to the kids. If the kids see that it’s ok for mom and dad to live in disorganized spaces, then they believe it’s ok for them too! If you feel you can’t transfer that skill set to your kids, it may be time to call in a professional to help them with the process. You’ll be amazed at how much the kids love the process! I was fortunate to grow up with 2 parents that were organized, efficient and productive. Here are some of the habits they taught me.
6 Reasons You Need to Declutter
Most of my clients think I’m going to come over and tell them that they have to throw out all of their stuff. This is not true. My goal is to get you to become more efficient and productive. If there are things in your home that are no longer useful to you, we have a discussion about them before we get rid of anything. That being said, you have to declutter if you want to move forward. Here are 6 reasons you need to declutter.
Is Your Cluttered Bedroom Killing Your Mood?
How’s the ambiance in your bedroom these days? Clutter in the bedroom is a definite mood killer. You want your bedroom to be a place of serenity, relaxation, and a place to just unwind. Get the paper piles, piles of clothes, toys, bins, and other clutter out of the room and watch the magic happen. Interested? Read how clutter is killing your mood.
Are Your Magazines Collecting Dust?
If you have magazines that are collecting dust, it’s time to throw them out. You may be surprised at how old they are! Again, magazines collecting dust in the bedroom aren’t good for the chi in the room or any other room in the home. Here are some tips on how to control the magazines that enter your home.
Are Your Kids Following Your Lead and Becoming Disorganized?
I love to see kids thrive in an organized home and as discussed in the first slide, it can be difficult to do that if the adults in the home are living in chaos. Watch how you take care of your spaces and see if you’re kids are picking up on your habits. Are your kids picking up on your disorganized habits?
5 Things to do After You've Organized Your Office
You’ve organized your office, now what? It takes work to maintain it. Six months down the road, you don’t want to end up working in disorganized chaos again, right? Put the work in and you’ll find you’re saving time, money, and you’ll be more efficient and productive. Here are 5 things to do after you’ve organized your office.
- Organize + Energize: Simplify Your Laundry Routine
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways to Survive the Holidays
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways to Organize Your Email Inbox
- Organize + Energize: Tips for Organizing Holiday Decorations
- Organize + Energize: Plan & Prepare This Holiday Season
- GoLocalTV: Jackson Recall Organizers Make Case for Signatures on Election Day
- Organize + Energize: Give Experiences Instead of Things This Holiday Season
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen for the Holidays
- Jackson Recall Organizers Object to Latest Court Ruling
- Jackson Recall Organizers File Motion to Continue Collecting Signatures
- Organize + Energize: Overwhelmed? You’re Not Alone
- Organize + Energize: 6 Tips to Organize Kid’s Toys Before The Holidays
- Organize + Energize: 2016 Year in Review
- Organize + Energize: 8 Things Not to do When Packing for Vacation
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways to Find More Time in Your Day
- LIVE: Organize and Energize - Make Life Less Chaotic
- Organize + Energize: 6 Ways to Stay Focused at Work
- LIVE: Six Ways Being Organized Can Help You Lose Weight
- Organize + Energize: 4 Areas to Declutter This Month
- Organize + Energize: Organizing Your Memorabilia
- Organize + Energize: 9 Reasons You Need to get Organized Now!
- Organize + Energize: 4 Spaces to Declutter This Month
- Organize + Energize: How Much do You Need to be Happy?
- Organize + Energize: Is Your Nightstand Giving you Nightmares?
- Organize + Energize: 4 Areas to Declutter in March