Newport’s Brick Alley Pub Featured in SNL “Drag Brunch” Skit
Sunday, April 22, 2018
Brick Alley Pub in Newport -- for a "drag brunch" segment.
It is unclear whether the Brick Alley Pub, which describes itself as the following, actually has any plans to host a drag brunch anytime soon.
A Newport Landmark, Brick Alley Pub has been voted both "Best Restaurant" and "Best Bar" in Rhode Island.
With over 25 beers on tap, a Bon Appetit-voted best lobster roll in America and burgers, Brick Alley is the perfect spot for a family dinner, a date or a night out with your friends.
The interior in the SNL skit, however, was most definitely not the Brick Alley Pub.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - April 20, 2018
Charlie & The Bucket Truck at Miantonomi Memorial Park
Kids of all ages are invited to see Newport City Forester Charlie Ridolf, National Grid Lead Forester Chris Rooney, and their bucket trucks in action.
Come learn about Newport's trees as Charlie & Chris demonstrate climbing techniques and how they work to keep our trees happy & healthy.
The event goes from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Arboretum Week First Light Night Celebration & Illuminated Trolley Tours
Celebrate the beginning of Arboretum Week and the first night of the Lighting of the Trees! Enjoy good company, light refreshments, cash bar, and a display of local wood art.
Special trolley tours will highlight some of Newport's finest trees, illuminated in honor of Arboretum Week.
Tours depart at 8 pm & 9 pm.
The event begins at 7 p.m.
Grayson Ty at Newport Vineyards
Join us for an extended evening wine tasting while enjoying live music by acoustic singer/songwriter Grayson Ty.
Grayson performs with an eclectic blend of folk, pop, and soul.
The event goes from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Norman Bird Sanctuary's Painting In Paradise
Join prominent local artist David Barnes by the fire in Mabel’s Studio as he recounts the extraordinary artistic heritage of the area surrounding Norman Bird Sanctuary known as Paradise Valley. You will learn all the techniques and materials an artist like John La Farge would have used while David recreates a landscape painting on separate panels at various stages.
The event goes from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Earth Day Cleanup at Ballard Park
Volunteer to give Newport’s Only Nature Preserve a Spring cleaning. Pick up trash, prune trails and remove invasives.
Great for people who need community service hours.
Meet at 21 Hazard Road.
The event goes from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Middletown Aquidneck Growers Market at Aquidneck Grower's Farmers Market
Now in its 22nd season, the market has 20 regular vendors, guest artisans and live music every week. Pick up your groceries and head inside for wine tasting.
The market goes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Fingerprint Charms With Sue Gray at Museum of Newport History
The Newport Historical Society hosts local artist, Sue Gray, at the Newport History Museum & Shop as she takes personal fingerprint pressings to create one of a kind keepsake charms.
Gray will take the fingerprint pressings to her home studio where she will use the pressings to create unique molds to make one of a kind silver charms.
The event goes from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Laurent-Perrier Champagne Brunch at OceanCliff
Join us for an afternoon of champagne tasting with expert brunch pairings from our chef. Tasting will be led by John Callaghan of Laurent-Perrier, and owner of Bellevue Wine & Spirits.
The event begins at 12 p.m.
Whitehorne House Lecture Series: Local Manufacture, Global Fusion: Surveying Early American Furniture at Newport Art Museum
Mahogany from Honduras, brass from Britain, stylistic details from China, and wealth borne of slavery at home and abroad. This lecture connects the global dots and illuminates how interconnected forces yielded a wide range of new furniture forms in the 17th and 18th centuries. As European furniture designs were adapted to American tastes, a wholly new and specialized branch of the craft emerged and along with it new methods of work.
The event goes from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Newport Daffodil Days Festival at Bowen's & Bannister's Wharves
Sunday is the final day of the Daffodil Days Festival.
Celebrate the arrival of Spring and 700,000 daffodils with 9 days of daffy fun throughout Newport.
The festival begins at 8 a.m.
- Newport Restaurant Week 2018 - See the Participants
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - March 2, 2018
- Newport Vineyards Raises Over $8K for Puerto Rico Recovery Efforts
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Plus One Wedding Etiquette, Missing YOU’RE WELCOME & Funeral Etiquette
- Parade Chair Sullivan Previews the 2018 Newport St. Patricks Day Parade on LIVE’s The Taste
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Divorce Etiquette & Children At Weddings Etiquette
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - February 23, 2018
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - February 16, 2018
- Newport Interactive Marketers to Host “Turn Your Web Traffic Into Foot Traffic” Networking Event
- Second Wave of Artists Announced for 2018 Newport Jazz Festival
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: How To Talk About Bad Sex, Wedding Dress Code 2018 + Vaping Etiquette
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - March 9, 2018
- Volvo Ocean Race Generates Nearly 100M Euros in Spain, How Much in Newport?
- Whitcomb: Social-Media Giants Won’t Change; Less Local at Whole Foods; Need Trains to Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - March 30, 2018
- Sail Newport to Kick-Off Countdown to Volvo Ocean Race Stopover With Pep Rally
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - April 13, 2018
- Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover to Contribute to Fight Against Plastic Littering