NEW: Two Rhode Island Hotels Named US News Best Hotels 2013
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
How US News ranks hotels
The new ranking reflects US News' analysis of recommendations of properties across, as they put it, both in-house expert and guest reviews compiled from "legions of guidebooks, magazines, and websites." In search of those hotels that "consistently come out on top," US News assesses these reviews and comes up with its winners.
"The properties on this list are winners not only for their luxurious amenities, fine service, and lavish décor, but also for the way they showcase America's diversity," wrote US News' Emily H. Bratcher. "These properties range from major hotel brands to independent boutiques, and they can be found anywhere from California to New York, from South Carolina to Wyoming."
Rhode Island's winners
The Chanler won praise again for its "breathtaking scenery" of Newport's picture-perfect Cliff Walk, as well as for its luxurious amenities and dining options. No stranger to accolades, the inn was previously named to the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2012, AAA/CAA Four Diamond Lodgings 2012, Travel and Leisure 500 World's Best Hotels 2011, and Frommer's "Exceptional" designation.
2013 Top 5 in the US
The top five hotels on U.S. News' list spanned the country, from California to New York.
The leading hotels for 2013:
1. Amangani, located in Jackson, Wyo.
2. Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele – Lana'i, Hawaii
3. The Inn at Palmetto Bluff, An Auberge Resort – Bluffton, S.C.
4. The Setai Fifth Avenue – New York City, N.Y.
5. Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort – Calistoga, Calif.
- NEW: Ocean House Named 5-Diamond Resort by AAA
- Ocean House Gala for Ocean Community YMCA
- Ocean House Named #4 Resort in the US—Travel + Leisure
- Chanler Inn Chosen as Luxury CEO’s Top Getaway
- Chanler Inn Named Top Cliffside Hotel in World by Departures Magazine
- Ocean House Named to Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List
- NEW: Chanler at Cliff Walk Makes US News Top Hotels 2012
- Ocean House’s OH! Spa Wins 5 Star Designation
- Take Over Newport’s Chanler Inn for Under $3,000
- Made-Over Weekapaug Inn to Reopen Under Ocean House Management
- Five Things: Seasons at Ocean House, Watch Hill