NEW: Travel + Leisure Names Providence #4 Beer City in America
Friday, July 15, 2011
None other than Travel + Leisure has named Providence the fourth best Beer City in America.
In the latest of the magazine's enormously popular reader polls, T+L put the Capital City in the Top 5, and the top city east of the Rocky Mountains to be named (the top 3 this year are Portland, Denver, and Seattle, in that order).
Craft beers drive the win
Providence has continued to run the T+L gauntlet in polls honoring eating and drinking - we took first overall for local specialties (such as pizza and burgers), and near the top of the pile for neighborhood joints.
In beerworld, T+L gave a shout-out to Trinity Brewhouse, which sells "growlers" to go.
Portland, ME trailed Providence by one spot in the rankings, and that city to the north that is the home of Cheers came in at 7th.
For the entire story, go here.
- NEW: Providence #3 in US in Pizza
- NEW: Providence Chosen One of the Most Underrated Cities in the World by Travel + Leisure
- NEW: Providence Named 3rd Best Burger Town in US by Travel + Leisure
- NEW: Providence Named Top Arts Destination by AmericanStyle Magazine
- NEW: Travel + Leisure Names Providence 5th Best US City for Summer Travel