NEW: Tonight’s PowerBall Jackpot is a Quarter BILLION Dollars
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
There have been 12 consecutive draws without a jackpot winner since the current run started on Christmas day.
If the jackpot gets hit tonight and the winner chooses the annuity option, the $250 million jackpot would be paid over 29 years in 30 installments. If the winner chooses the cash option, the lump sum payment is estimated at $156 million.
The clock is ticking
Rhode Island Lottery players have until 9:50pm tonight to buy their tickets and have a shot at the $250 million. Since January 15, the price of a ticket is now $2, but the odds of winning the much sought after jackpot have improved.
All players should sign the back of their tickets immediately upon purchase so no one else can wrongfully claim their prize.
In addition to the rapidly growing jackpot, the subsidiary prizes, now ranging up to $1,000,000, have many players opting for the Power Play® feature, which for an extra $1 per wager, increases prize amounts won up to $2,000,000.
For more Lifestyle coverage, don't miss GoLocalTV, fresh every day and on demand 24/7, here.
- NEW: RI Lottery’s “Diamond Quest” Scavenger Hunt Hits Downtown Providence
- NEW: Rhode Island to Host Lottery Convention
- NEW: $344,706 Worth of High Tier Lottery Prizes Claimed in July
- NEW: $613,805 Worth of High Tier Lottery Prizes Claimed in June
- NEW: Lottery Paid $354.9 Million to General Fund in 2011
- NEW: Lottery Paid Out More Than $1.2 Million in September
- NEW: RI Lottery Pays $11.5M in Prizes in October
- NEW: RI Lottery Player Wins $1 Million