NEW: Taylor Swift’s New T-Shirt Fight—With Westerly Print Shop
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
One of J.Mack's t-shirts became popular because it features a photo of the singer with the caption “OMG!!! Watch Hill!?!?” No go on that shirt, said Taylor's reps, asking J. Mack to stop selling it. “It was not supposed to be a big deal," Adams told GoLocal. “It was supposed to be something fun.”
This Watch Hill incident is not the pop star’s first fight over a t-shirt. Earlier this month, Abercrombie & Fitch was selling shirts that read “#more boyfriends than t.s.” This line angered many of her fans because the shirt was mocking Swift and her love life. The brand eventually removed the shirt from its collection after a storm of irritated phone calls and petitions from Swift's fan base.
However, for Adams and his business, the t-shirt was a creative way to capture the excitement of living near this huge pop star. “My intention with this shirt was not to make money,” said Adams. “It was simply to have fun and acknowledge her as our neighbor. It’s exciting to have her around here.”
Since buying her beachfront mansion in Watch Hill, Swift has not had the best relationship with locals. Many people of the town have complained about increased amount of security for public beach access. The singer’s property also borders a local teen and surfer hang out spot, making it difficult for the community to enjoy the town’s attractions.
- In Case You Missed It: Taylor Swift Buys Watch Hill, RI, Mansion
- NEW: Man Caught Trespassing Near Taylor Swift’s Mansion
- NEW: Taylor Swift’s New T-Shirt Fight—With Westerly Print Shop
- SEEN: Taylor Swift, Lena Dunham + More
- Taylor Swift Buys Watch Hill Mansion… With $17M Cash
- Tour Taylor Swift’s $17.75M RI Mansion in Watch Hill
- 10 More Great Houses In RI for Taylor Swift