NEW: RISD Library Named Most Beautiful in US—Travel + Leisure
Friday, November 09, 2012
"Having outgrown its library, the Rhode Island School of Design had been in search of a new site for more than a decade when FleetBoston Financial Corporation donated this Italian Renaissance–style bank building in 2002—complete with barrel-vaulted ceiling, marble columns, and an opulent clock," writes Tanvi Chheda in T+L's November 2012 issue. "Built in 1917, the historic space was adapted with contemporary features (Knoll chairs, cork flooring) to house its collection of architecture, design, and photography books in a living-room-like space, especially convenient for students living in the dorms upstairs.
Beautiful college libraries
RISD's comfortably ornate library was one of 15 gorgeous bilbiogetaways highlighted by T+L nationwide. Also in New England, Boston College's Bapst Library was cited, as was the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library at Yale University in New Haven, CT, and Davis Family Library at Middlebury College, VT.
For the entire story, go here.
- NEW: Providence Named Top Food City 2012 By Travel + Leisure
- RISD Named One Of The Most Expensive Schools In The US
- NEW: Providence Has the 2nd Most Attractive People in US
- RISD Partners with State Dept. To Create Art for Moroccan Embassy
- RISD Museum Opens ‘America In View’ Landscape Photography Exhibit
- RISD Student Stages Art with Endangered Providence Building
- RISD Students Open Innovative Retail Space in Downcity
- RISD Students Design “Snapshot” Device for Progressive Insurance
- NEW: RISD Named 3rd Most Fashionable College in the US
- NEW: Brown, RISD Ranked Top Student Choice Colleges by Parchment
- NEW: RISD Alum Seth MacFarlane To Host 85th Oscars
- RISD Grad Student Designs Card Line for Condolence