NEW: RISCA Wants Local Artists For Airport Exhibits
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Newly created gallery spaces at the Block Island Airport and T.F. Green Airport are accepting art submissions for their 2014 exhibitions. The gallery program, which includes Block Island Airport Gallery and GREEN SPACE, is a partnership between RISCA and the Rhode Island Airport Corporation that promotes work by artists living and working in Rhode Island. The spaces will present art to an ever-changing audience of local, national and international travelers.
What they're looking for
Work in all media will be considered. Block Island Airport Gallery includes opportunities for exhibiting indoors and outdoors. GREEN SPACE includes several large walls and open spaces that are particularly well suited to large scale works.
All submitted work will be considered for both gallery locations unless applicants indicate an interest in only one of the galleries. Please note that larger work is better suited to GREEN SPACE while smaller scale pieces are best for The Block Island Airport Gallery.
The selection process
Artists will be selected for the 2014 exhibitions by a review panel that will include practicing artists, arts professionals and community members. Artists included in the 2014 exhibitions will receive a $100 stipend for participating in the program.
How to apply
To apply, email either of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
A link to an up-to-date web site that includes images with captions (title, year, media, size), a current cv and artist's statement OR a link to a Flickr page with 10 images with captions (title, year, media, size) and attach to the email a current cv and artist's statement.
All participating artists must be RI residents. Students are not eligible. The deadline is October 1, 2013.
To learn more about this opportunity and view photos of the exhibition space, visit: http://www.arts.ri.gov/public/airports
- NEW: Assets for Artists Offers Free Training and $2,000 Grant
- NEW: Governor’s Budget Honors Local Artist
- NEW: Royal Gallery Celebrates Artist Alberta Porter
- NEW: State Arts Grants Will Benefit 1,500 Artists
- Artist Ricky Katowicz’s Marathon Portrait Project
- Artist Spotlight: Pawtucket’s Arts Marketplace
- Artistic Explosion Music Festival To Support Music Education
- Asian Artists at Warwick Museum of Art Tonight
- RISD Museum’s Artist/Rebel/Dandy Exhibit Coming in April
- RISD Previews Major Exhibition Artist/Rebel/Dandy
- Rhode Island #7 in US for Working Artists, Says NEA Report
- TRENDER: Artist Toots Zynsky
- Warren Artist Tom Culora Unveils Community Arts Project
- Yellow Peril Gallery To Exhibit Occupy Providence Artwork