NEW: RI’s Richard Jenkins Wins First Emmy Award
Sunday, September 20, 2015
In the series, Jenkins played as Olive Kitteridge's husband, Henry. The main character, Olive Kitteridge, is played by France McDormand, and battles depression and rocky relationships with the people that were close to her throughout the series.
To win the Emmy, Jenkins beat out Oscar-winner Adrien Brody as Houdini, Ricky Gervais, Timothy Hutton, David Oyelowo, and Mark Rylance as English reformist Thomas Cromwell in Wolf hall.
Richard Jenkins only other award recognition came at the Oscars where he received a Best Actor nomination for The Visitor in 2009.
Richard Jenkins grew up in DeKalb, Illinois and moved to Rhode Island after getting a one-year gig at Trinity Rep in the show "You Can't Take It With You."
Jenkins currently resides in Cumberland and is a member at Wannamoisett Country Club.
- NEW: RISD Alum Seth MacFarlane To Host 85th Oscars
- The LOOK: Oscars + Glam—Red Carpet Style Lessons
- Don’t Miss: Oscar Night America This Weekend
- The LOOK: 3 Hottest Oscar Looks and How to Get Them
- Oscar-Nominated Shorts at Cable Car This Weekend
- Oscar Night® America to Be Celebrated in Providence
- FLICKERS RI Film Festival to Host Oscar Night America
- Providence’s Oscar Night America to Honor Nominee Viola Davis
- Oscar Preview: Viola Davis
- NEW: East Providence Native Jennifer Lee Wins Oscar for ‘Frozen’
- Ponaganset’s Moscarelli Named RI Teacher of the Year
- NEW: Oscar Nominations—The Rhode Island Connection
- Oscar Night: Rhode Island’s Academy Award Connections