slides: NEW: RI’s Miss Universe Olivia Culpo In Taj Mahal Controversy
Wednesday, October 09, 2013
As part of a 10-day trip to India, Culpo donned shoes and was photographed near the "Diana Seat," a marble bench where Princess Diana was famously photographed in 1992, with the Taj Mahal in the background. While there was no controversy at the time, according to reports, the shoot is now being claimed to have been in violation of India's Supreme Court guidelines prohibiting any commercial activity at the site. The Archeology Survey of India has filed a complaint against Culpo and the organization behind her visit, according to reports.
Culpo was touring the country as part of her charitable work as Miss Universe. She called the Taj Mahal "one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen" in a Tweet from the grounds on October 6th.
To see more images of Culpo from her earliest days in Rhode Island to her crowning as Miss Universe, see the slides, below.
- NEW: RI’s Miss USA Olivia Culpo Wins Miss Universe
- NEW: RI’s Miss Universe Olivia Culpo In Taj Mahal Controversy
- GoLocalTV Interview with Miss USA Olivia Culpo
- Olivia Culpo: Top Stories in RI in 2012
- Miss USA Olivia Culpo: Bay View Days
- RI’s Own Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Advocates for Medical Marijuana
- NEW: See Olivia Culpo on the Red Carpet at TED Premiere
- Olivia Culpo on Live With Kelly
- Rhode Island’s Olivia Culpo Crowned Miss USA
- Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Gets Her Own Street in Cranston
- Check Out the Video of Miss Rhode Island Winning Miss USA
- NEW: Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Will Date Winner of Online Auction