NEW: RI Arts Council Names Lauren Faria as New Grants Director
Wednesday, October 02, 2013
In announcing the appointment, Randall Rosenbaum, Executive Director of the Rhode Island State Council on the Arts, said, "We are delighted to have someone with Lauren's skill and experience take charge of our work supporting our state's arts and non-profit organizations." He went on to say that, "aside from her commitment to the arts groups that mean so much to our state's economy and quality of life, Lauren will also help us streamline our work so we can manage our grants programs more efficiently and effectively." She begins her new job on October 7th.
About Lauren Faria
Faria has a Bachelor's degree in English from Wellesley College and a Master's degree in Arts Administration from Teachers College, Columbia University. Her experience includes work at The MacDowell Colony, Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, FirstWorks in Providence and the Jamestown Arts Center. Her experience as a grant writer and reviewer and her knowledge of the dynamics of large and small arts organizations will be particularly valuable in this position. In addition Lauren has been involved in community based arts activities, most recently as a founding member of The Columbus Cooperative, a collaborative team working to program and operate the Columbus Theatre on a volunteer basis.
About the Rhode Island State Council on the Arts
The Rhode Island State Council on the Arts is a state agency, supported by appropriations from the Rhode Island General Assembly and grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency. RISCA provides grants, technical assistance and staff support to arts organizations and artists, schools, community centers, social service organizations and local governments to bring the arts into the lives of Rhode Islanders.
- Artist Spotlight: Pawtucket’s Arts Marketplace
- Arts Marketplace Pawtucket Preview
- Warren Artist Tom Culora Unveils Community Arts Project
- New York City Arts Leader Helen Lang Will Take Over Steel Yard
- Pawtucket Launches Major New Arts Marketplace
- NEW: RISD Museum Names New Curator of Decorative Arts + Design
- FirstWorks 2013-14 Season Brings World-Class Artists To Rhode Island
- NEW: RISD’s Latest Exhibit Showcases Local Artist-Entrepreneurs
- NEW: Rhode Island College Unveils New Alex and Ani Hall Art Center