NEW: Kids Count’s City/Town Tuesday: Jamestown by the Numbers
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
City/Town Tuesdays sees the organization share data and information about the well-being of children in one city or town in Rhode Island each week. A statistical profile of the featured city/town is provided across five subject areas: Family and Community, Economic Well-Being, Health, Safety, and Education. Community-level data is shared, along with state-level data.
City/Town Tuesdays connects Rhode Island KIDS COUNT with individuals on the local level, and to share data with the community for informed decision making.
This Week: Jamestown
KIDS COUNT today released the following data on Jamestown.
- 1,043 children live in Jamestown
- 18% of children live in single-parent families
- 12% of students are enrolled in special education
- 80% of 4th graders scored at or above the reading proficiency level on the NECAP
- For more information, please see the Kids Count profile of Jamestown
More information can be found on KIDS COUNT's website (http://www.rikidscount.org), Twitter (@RIKidsCount - #CityTownTuesRI) and Facebook (Rhode Island KIDS COUNT).
- 2013 Kids Count Factbook: RI 10th in Children’s Health Coverage
- New: Kids Count Shines Light on RI Communities Each Tuesday