NEW: Kids Count’s City/Town Tuesday: Jamestown by the Numbers
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
City/Town Tuesdays sees the organization share data and information about the well-being of children in one city or town in Rhode Island each week. A statistical profile of the featured city/town is provided across five subject areas: Family and Community, Economic Well-Being, Health, Safety, and Education. Community-level data is shared, along with state-level data.
City/Town Tuesdays connects Rhode Island KIDS COUNT with individuals on the local level, and to share data with the community for informed decision making.
KIDS COUNT today released the following data on Jamestown.
- 1,043 children live in Jamestown
- 18% of children live in single-parent families
- 12% of students are enrolled in special education
- 80% of 4th graders scored at or above the reading proficiency level on the NECAP
- For more information, please see the Kids Count profile of Jamestown
More information can be found on KIDS COUNT's website (www.rikidscount.org), Twitter (@RIKidsCount - #CityTownTuesRI) and Facebook (Rhode Island KIDS COUNT).
- 2013 Kids Count Factbook: RI 10th in Children’s Health Coverage
- New: Kids Count Shines Light on RI Communities Each Tuesday