slides: New England’s Happiest States According To Twitter
Friday, February 22, 2013
The team at the Vermont Complex Systems Center analyzed millions of geotagged public tweets across the United States, assessing the positivity and negativity of common words in tweets to compute the average happiness of all those tweeters. The study looked at more than 300 metro areas nationwide--the combined cities made up each state's final happiness ranking.
Three of the five happiest states — Hawaii, Utah and Nevada — hailed from the West, but Southern states generally bottomed out on the list, with Louisiana and Mississippi leading up the rear.
Want to know how New England states placed? What do our tweets say about us? Keep reading to find out how researchers compiled the list. And tweet it out.
- Washington, DC’s “Twitter Butler”: Rhode Islander Victoria Devine
- Top Celebrity Tweeters from RI
- Politicking on Twitter: A Potentially Dangerous Game
- Curt Schilling Slams Governor Chafee on Twitter
- Ayanbadejo A Twitter Twit!
- Bryant Professor Named Top Business School Tweeter in US
- PPAC Offers Free ‘Tweet Seats’ for Top Twitter Users
- Providence Holiday Tweet Drive Benefits Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Twitter Overrated for Helping Us Stay Healthy—RI Hospital Expert
- RI’s Top Tweeters
- Twitter: Ten Words You Need to Know
- The Big Chart: RI’s 50 Top Tweeters