slides: New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
Monday, September 02, 2013
What are the best food towns in New England?
New England's restaurants are among best in the country, and New Englanders are passionate about their food. Which cities and towns combine the best of those two worlds? For the first time, GoLocal has a ranking of the Top 25 in the region.
Ranking culinary hotspots
How to put a city or town's foodiness into numbers began with restaurants. To find those places where great food was the centerpiece, GoLocal's researchers uncovered the highest-rated restaurants in New England, and used their hometowns as a base for analysis. We looked at James Beard awards, Diamonds from AAA, Stars from Mobil/Forbes, and "best ofs" in national press such as Food & Wine and Bon Appetit.
For local food culture, we gave points for culinary programs, cooking schools, and even access to regular cooking classes. In-town farmers markets earned points, as did local food events that seriously spotlighted food and wine. For more on GoLocal's methodology, go here.
With a proprietary formula, we crunched the data and emerged with the ranking. See which cities and towns celebrate great food, day in and day out. Love food? Here's where to go.
- Top 10 Beach Towns: New England’s Best Beach Towns 2012
- Rankings List: New England’s Best Cities 2012
- Top 10 Cities: New England’s Best Cities 2012
- 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Connecticut
- New England’s Best-Performing Business Cities
- 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Maine
- New England’s Most Romantic Getaway Spots
- 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Massachusetts
- New England’s Hottest Real Estate Months
- 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in New Hampshire
- Methodology: New England’s 25 Best Food Towns
- New England’s Best Values in Colleges + Universities
- 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Rhode Island
- New England’s Best Beach Towns 2012
- New England’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Vermont
- New England’s Best Cities 2012
- Rankings List: New England’s Best Beach Towns 2012
- 60 Most Dangerous Intersections in New England