NEW: Channel 10 Leads “Help These Faces” Unwanted Pet Campaign
Monday, February 06, 2012
"Help These Faces"
“NBC 10’s ‘Help These Faces’ campaign will hopefully raise awareness for this great cause,” said Vic Vetters, NBC 10 General Manager. “Viewers are asked to visit WJAR’s Facebook page and click the “LIKE” button to show their support. We currently have 33,000 Facebook fans, so we need our viewers to pull together to reach the 50,000 goal.” NBC 10 News will also embrace the cause with coverage of the work being done by the RI Community Spay/Neuter Clinic throughout the month of February.
“Ocean State Animal Coalition and The Rhode Island Community Spay/Neuter Clinic are committed to ending companion animal and feral cat overpopulation by providing high quality, subsidized spay and neuter services,” says Pamela Knoecklein, Clinic Director. “The clinic uses only the highest standards to ensure the safety and comfort of your pet during his or her stay with us and we are grateful to be part of NBC 10’s efforts.”
The RI Community Spay/Neuter Clinic is located in Warwick, RI and services pets from Rhode Island, Massachusetts and nearby Connecticut.
For more information, users can visit turnto10.com; KEYWORD: HELP.
For more Lifestyle coverage, don't miss GoLocalTV, fresh every day and on demand 24/7, here.
- BETTER LIVING: Keeping Pets Cool + Safe
- Crackdown on Animal Abuse
- Fundraising Effort to Help Animals by RI Artists Kicksoff this Weekend - Introducing “Superkitty”
- Haircutting Marathon to Raise Funds for Bristol Animal Shelter
- Providence to Open New Animal Shelter
- RI One of Best States for Anti-Animal Cruelty Laws
- Shepard Fairey Steps Up for Animals