NEW: $2 Million Power Ball Winner Hits in Rhode Island
Friday, February 08, 2013
One of the winning PowerBall® tickets matched five numbers but not the PowerBall® number, for the standard payout of $1,000,000. However, the Power Play® feature was added for an extra dollar which increased the prize to $2,000,000. This is the second $2,000,000 PowerBall® ticket sold in Rhode Island in just two months. The other winning PowerBall® ticket matched four numbers and the PowerBall® number for the standard payout of $10,000. This winner did not purchase the Power Play® feature for an additional dollar on the wager. If the player had opted for Power Play®, the $10,000 prize would have been increased to $40,000.
The winning $2,000,000 PowerBall® PowerPlay® ticket was purchased at AJ's Mini Market, 939 Social St., Woonsocket. The winning $10,000 PowerBall® ticket was purchased from Olde Smoke Shoppe, 130 Westminster St., Providence. Both tickets remain unclaimed.
Saturday's estimated PowerBall® jackpot is $40 million.
The winning hasn't stopped there; a $35,000 Peppermint 7's Instant Ticket was also claimed. A gentleman from Taunton, MA randomly purchased the ticket while at Seaplane Diner, 307 Allens Ave., Providence. He plans to pay bills and go on vacation.
- NEW: $10,000 Unclaimed PowerBall Ticket Still Out There
- NEW: Second Rhode Island Powerball Winner in One Month
- NEW: $10K PowerBall Winner Claims Prize Post-Irene
- NEW: Tonight’s PowerBall Jackpot is a Quarter BILLION Dollars
- NEW: $336.4 Million Powerball Ticket Sold in Newport
- NEW: Wednesday PowerBall® Jackpot is $245 Million
- NEW: $336.4 Million Powerball Winner Will Be Revealed Tomorrow
- The $550 Million Winning PowerBall Numbers
- NEW: $336.4 Million RI Powerball Winner Louise White Claims Prize
- NEW: Kathleen Last of Smithfield Claims $60 Million Powerball
- NEW: PowerBall Jackpot Jumps To $500 Million
- Rhode Island’s Biggest PowerBall Winners
- NEW: PowerBall’s $10K Winner Steps Forward