MUSIC: Rubblebucket Dances With Fete
Monday, October 07, 2013
An indie rock quintet that I've been a fan of for years, Kid Mountain kicked things off on the big stage with boatloads of infectious rhythm. "Parashootin'", "Puppy Skin", "Ber Herber" and "Happy Lappies" highlighted one hell of a performance that was superb. Kid Mountain always play around the Providence and Boston areas. Go see them and experience something enlightening and different.
The Rice Cakes
One of the best bands in Providence with The Rice Cakes went on next and they were as good as ever. "Halloweenie", "Magma", "Push & Pull", "Zabudabudee" and "Floor Boards" were part of a set full of untitled new material. I'm very sure that some of those new songs will be on their full-length that's due out this winter, so go to their website at thericecakes.com and keep yourself in the loop.
A few minutes of anticipation were present and then Rubblebucket took the stage. I'm always a big fan of a horn section and they brought it with a lot of force, people were shaking their hips and dancing all over the ballroom floor. "Came Out Of A Lady" and "Save Charlie" highlighted the intial performance but they weren't done yet with an encore for the ages that exuded the awesome vibes from the stage. Rubblebucket put on one amazing experience and I hope I get to see them roll through Providence again. Another fantastic evening at Fete, log on to fetemusic.com to see what's happening next at one of the top places to see a show in Providence.
- MUSIC: Monogold Shines At Fete
- MUSIC: Wooly Fair Transforms the Steel Yard
- MUSIC: Ask The Dead Reveal The Leans At Dusk
- MUSIC: Newport’s Celtic Rock Festival
- MUSIC: Zappa Plays Zappa Gets Weird At Lupo’s
- MUSIC: Black Joe Lewis Makes Moves At Fete
- MUSIC: Pals Progressively Rock Dusk
- MUSIC: Comic Book Keith Gets Superhuman At One-Eighty
- MUSIC: Supersuckers Roll Through Fete
- MUSIC: Dudesmash Smashes Dudes At The Met
- MUSIC: The Dear Hunter Is Right On Target At The Met
- MUSIC: El Ten Eleven Electrifies Fete
- MUSIC: The London Souls Howl At The Wolf Den
- MUSIC: Lonely Thursdays Get Lovely At The Parlour
- MUSIC: Vudu Sister Gets Acoustic at the Met
- MUSIC: Long Lost Plays Dusk
- MUSIC: Woodstock Vets Rock Out at the Park