MUSIC: Jaimoe Jazzes Up Fete
Friday, February 22, 2013
Shotgun went up to start the show and they blew through the speakers like a stick of dynamite sparked beside a tank of gasoline. "Runnin' Thin", "Alright", "Don't Need No Love", "West Broadway Nights", a cover of The Beatles' "Come Together" and "I Won't Go" was part of a fantastic set, if you love blues the Shotgun is exactly the next big thing you've been looking for. Shotgun will be playing at The Ocean Mist in Matunuck, RI on March 8th with Trails, any south county bluesman should head to this.
Jaimoe's Jasssz Band
Jaimoe's Jasssz Band capped off the night featuring an organ that was cool as the other side of the pillow and a horn section filled with two saxophones and a trumpet that resonated exquisite excellence. "Leavin' Trunk", a rendition of The Allman Brother's original "Melissa". "Hippology", "I'll Believe I'll Make A Change", "Ain't Wastin' Time No More", "Dilemma", "Drifting & Turning" and "Black Cat Bone" were amazing and sounded awesome, you'll definitely know why Jaimoe and his band are that damn good after you see them live. Jaimoe's Jasssz Band has their most recent record Renaissance Man that came out last year that is a must have for any jazz and blues purist out there today. Fete is always a fun place to see a show, log on to www.fetemusic.com to be in the know on the place to go in Providence.
- MUSIC: The Sugar Honey Iced Tea Sweetens AS220
- MUSIC: Ravi Shavi Releases Debut Album at Firehouse 13
- MUSIC: Mean Creek Pumps Up The Volume at Fete
- MUSIC: Indie, Garage & Punk Rock Bring The Noise To Dusk
- MUSIC: Consuelo’s Revenge, Boo City + Route .44 Rock Dusk
- 12 Biggest Arts + Music Stories in RI in 2012
- MUSIC: Torn Shorts Celebrates Release of Through the Mill at Dusk
- MUSIC: This Is A Movement Starts A Revolution At The Met