Moms Can-Do’s: Stargazing + More
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Head to Frosty Drew Observatory & Sky Theater this Friday, November 1 to do some stargazing! Beginning at 6:30 pm, the Observatory will be opening up the dome for a spectacular view of the night sky. Lucky for the little ones who have early bedtimes, this event begins at dusk and will provide views of planets, stars, galaxies, and more! Telescopes will be available to all! Best of all, this event is FREE! (Donations are appreciated.) Frosty Drew Observatory & Sky Theater, 61 Park Ln, Charlestown, RI. (401) 364-9508.
Fun at Fruitlands!
Fruitlands Museum in Harvard is dedicated to being the go to hub for culture, history, nature, and learning. The museum campus is filled with exhibits, nature trails, and more to spark interest in people of all ages. For the smallest visitors, however, Fruitlands hosts early education classes that serve as a fun and age appropriate way to get kids thinking and learning! Classes are presented in 6- or 7-week formats designed for children ages 18 months-5 years. The next session will include all kinds of seasonal fun, from the “Native Americans” class to “Pine Trees” and more! Parents are encouraged to get in on the fun as well! Fruitlands Museum, 102 Prospect Hill Road, Harvard, MA. (978) 456-3924. Click here for more information!
The Warwick Museum of Art is the place to go for cool cultural and creative exhibits. Kids love meandering through works of art big and small to their hearts content. But did you know that the museum also hosts family friendly shows every Sunday evening as an “extension” of the weekend? Every Sunday beginning at 6 pm, pack up the little ones and go to “Bring Your Own Improv” to grab a lighthearted laugh to help you power through the week! Warwick Museum of Art, 3259 Post Road, Warwick, Rhode Island. (401) 737-0010.
Go to visit Mole Hollow Candles in Sturbridge for a unique experience with the kiddos! All the candles at Mole Hollow are made completely by hand. There are factory tours on sight every day that will show all the ins and outs of candle creation! Mole Hollow Candles, 208 Charlton Road, Sturbridge, MA. 1(800) 455-6653.
- Moms Can Do’s: Halloween Fun For Little Ones
- Moms Can-Do’s: Davis Family Farm + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Trolley Tours + More
- Moms Can Dos: Trampoline Fun + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Fishing Holes + End of Summer Fun
- Moms Can-Do’s: All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Festival + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Adventureland + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: June Strawberry Outings + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Ballet + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Lighthouses + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Blueberry Picking + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Petting Zoos + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Carousel Adventures + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Pumpkin Patches Now!
- Moms Can-Do’s: Cool Fun at Mystic Aquarium + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Steam Train, Riverboat + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Crescent Park Carousel + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Summer Evening At The Park + More