Hasbro’s Online “Monopoly” Contributes to Kids’ Causes Worldwide
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Hasbro’s Monopoly brand has committed $400,000 to SOS Children’s Villages International – the largest global provider of homes and families to children in need. The children’s advocacy organization operates over 500 villages in 133 countries and works to keep at-risk families together and prevent child abandonment.
The more games that kids play at Hasbro’s Monopoly Planet page at Monopoly.com, the faster SOS Children’s Villages receives the donation. While children practice money skills and have fun from their computers at home, children thousands of miles away receive homes of their own from SOS Children’s Villages.
In support of Hasbro’s Monopoly Planet donation, EA and Playfish have also committed $10,000 to SOS Children’s Villages. Kids playing the Monopoly Millionaires application on Facebook can now purchase a limited-time SOS Children’s Villages house with their Monopoly Millionaires Gold.
For more Lifestyle coverage, check out GoLocalTV, fresh every day at 4pm and on demand 24/7, here.
- Hasbro Employees Travel to MA for Tornado Aid
- Hasbro Goes Shopping for a New Media Buying Firm
- Hasbro Hits the Fashion Runway
- NEW: Hasbro CEO Bullish on Transformers 4
- NEW: Hasbro Dominates Nominees for National Toy Hall of Fame
- NEW: Hasbro Game Battleship Getting Its Own Movie
- NEW: Hasbro to Open New Location at Old Blue Cross Building
- NEW: Hasbro’s Ouija Board Movie Dead at Universal?
- NEW: Hasbro’s Twister Goes High-Tech