Fit For Life: Who’s Winning?
Sunday, February 05, 2017
Let's take the Super Bowl for example. Only one team will reach ultimate success and win. So would you say the second best team in the NFL is not successful? Are they a bunch of losers? They gave an all-out effort and fell short. Yes, losing sucks, but I wouldn't consider the second best team in the league unsuccessful.
The same goes for your health and fitness program. Success is reaching your goal, but ultimately it boils down to finding the place that makes you happy. Say your goal is to lose 30 lbs in 4 months. Certainly an attainable goal. You eat perfectly and attend Bootcamp 5 x a week without missing a single session. When you weigh in at the end, you lost 25 lbs. look fantastic, feel great, your clothes fit differently, have more self-esteem, and you have more energy than you have had in years. Are you successful? You fell short of your goal, but you are a different person, so I would say - yes.
Common Denominators of Success.
Success in any form carries a lot of common denominators. Whether it's business, health, sports, or life in general, there are things that need to happen and success won't become a reality without these requirements in place.
Purpose: You need a reason, and without one, achieving anything is improbable. Just going through the motions will result in a lackluster performance on any level, and usually poor performance = poor results. Someone that goes to work needing to put food on the table for a family, will have more purpose and strive for promotions harder than a college kid working a summer job because his parents are making him.
Action: Regardless of how many sticky notes or ideas you have, zero goals will be reached without action. Thinking about making more money, or losing weight and getting in shape isn't going to do it. You need to jump in with both feet. Even if you take imperfect action, it will still carry you further than your thoughts. I have been a trainer for 25 years, and thought about my own place for 20 of them. Guess what, it never happened. Until two years ago, it was all thought and talk - but no action. Even when I did, I still had no idea what the hell I was doing. But thanks to this dude named Bedros, I took action, and I'm going in the direction of my goal to be a successful gym owner and live my purpose of getting thousands of people on the path to better health.
Consistency: I heard a great acronym this weekend. SBC - Simple Boring Consistency. How exciting is it to wake up at 4:30 am to get to the gym, or sit in traffic after work? Or how enthusiastic are we going to work day in and day out? How exciting is it to shower, brush your teeth, make meals, phone calls, drive the kids to school, and on and on? But we need to do it consistently to achieve success in any area of our lives.
We make the workouts fun and different daily at Providence Fit Body Boot Camp so you won't be bored once you get here. My work is different every day, so it's not boring once I'm there, but to be consistent and show up is something not everyone is willing to do. So there you go folks. That is a mini outline that needs to be followed in order to achieve your goals. Whatever your goals, big or small, it's up to you to define what you consider being successful.
- Fit For Life: Be The Change You Want To See
- Fit For Life: Wasting Wishes on What Could Have Been?
- Fit For Life: How Do YOU Spell Success?
- Fit For Life: Work Smarter Not Harder
- Fit for Life: Cost-Free Ways to Get Healthier
- Fit for Life: “Almost” Doesn’t Cut it
- Fit For Life: Time is (Not) on Your Side
- Fit For Life: Winning Starts – Today
- Fit for Life: Loss is Tough. Stay in the Game
- Fit For Life: Do This – Don’t do That
- Fit for Life: Back to School – A New Year to Get It Right
- Fit For Life: Hello, Weekend…Don’t Blow it Now….
- Fit For Life: Get Battle Ready!
- Fit for Life: Happy, Healthy New Year! Let’s do it
- Fit For Life: 25 Tips to Avoid the Holiday Bulge
- Fit For Life: The Rule of Expectation
- Fit For Life: Looking for That Perfect Gift?
- Fit For Life: ‘Tis The Season
- Fit For Life: Divided We Fall
- Fit For Life: Consistency = Success
- Fit For Life: Tick-Tock
- Fit For Life: Everything’s Changing – How Are You Doing?
- Fit for Life: Join the Resistance!