Fit for Life: Success Starts with Getting on the Right Path
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Inspirat-ION: one must be inspired by something or someone to want to seek out this journey. Even when you are doing it for health reasons, someone you care enough about inspires you to stay healthy or if you have a person you want to emulate, that is an inspiration to get moving. Whatever reason you have to take care of yourself began first with a thought, an idea, and an inspiration. Keep that thought top of mind.
Motivat-ION: the first one gives you the idea, but motivation is needed to carry out the task. This is “the one” that grabs you by the collar, pulls you off the sofa, and pushes you into the gym. “I’m the mud run that's a month away, or the buddy that tells you he can bench more than you; I'm the guy with the abs in the movie that your girl gasps at when his shirt comes off. I'm also the guy hanging around your waist making the scale cry. So basically, I'm responsible for whatever gets in your head and says c'mon man - lets do this”.
Determinat-ION: de·ter·mi·na·tion – noun –
1. firmness of purpose; resoluteness. - "he advanced with an unflinching determination". Synonyms: resolution, resolve, willpower, strength of character, single-mindedness, purposefulness, intentness;
2. the process of establishing something exactly, typically by calculation or research.
"determination of molecular structures"
That about says it all. In order to succeed you must be determined NOT TO FAIL.
Execut-ION: once you get inspired, motivated, and are determined to carry out your goals, the final and deciding round is execution. You can imagine being in shape all day long, be motivated to join the gym, actually have the determination to make time to get there, but all those noble deeds will be undone if you do not execute properly. You only get paid for results, regardless if you are at work or at the gym, the only thing that will propel you forward is results, and the only way to get results is through proper execution.
So let's go over these steps to success one more time. First we get inspired and that plants the seed. Then we need to find a way or reason to start this task, weather it's a fitness routine or trying to improve your income, something must motivate you. Your follow through will depend on how much determination you have and how much drive and passion you are willing to invest. The end result will be based on your way of executing the situation. Put these IONS in place and you will pave your way to success.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Yoga Spots
Providence Power Yoga
Providence Power Yoga is the perfect place to get your daily dose of calm, whether you are just beginning the exploration of yoga or have been reaping its benefits for years. Try Revive and Restore for the ultimate class in revitalization and relaxation. If you’re a music lover, Chillwave Solar Flow is your go-to class, complete with fun electronic indie music and heated power-yoga.
51 Bassett Street, Providence, RI. (401) 273-3500.
Bristol Yoga Studio
If you are a yoga beginner or are experiencing the body changes that come with pregnancy, Bristol Yoga Studio is the place to go. Beginners will benefit from Kripalu Yoga, a mixed-level class that emphasizes wholeness, meditation, and balance. Pre-natal yoga will teach breathing techniques, body awareness, and more that will help both in labor and after you have had your child.
13 State Street, Bristol, RI. (401) 569-0147.
Boiler House Bikram Yoga
Boiler House Bikram Yoga in Providence is the place to be for all things Bikram Yoga. Bikram Yoga is a yoga practice that incorporates 26 traditional Hatha Yoga poses and 2 breathing exercises in a hot room. The benefits of Bikram Yoga include detoxification, increased libido, reduced stress, and so much more. Try it out for yourself; we did!
166 Valley Street, Providence, RI. (401) 383-3840.
Yoga Loft RI
Beginners can’t go wrong with Yoga Loft RI in Warren. Try out Yin Restorative Yoga to bring balance to your life, Sunday Morning Yoga for a healthy and rejuvenating start to your week, or Beginners Belly Dance for a fun and creative experience. If you’ve got little ones, sign them up for the Kid’s Yoga Club!
16 Cutler Street, Warren, RI. (401) 245-0881.
Santosha Yoga Studio
Santosha Yoga Studio & Holistic Center offers so much more than yoga. Enjoy complementary wellness consultations to learn the right path for you to take at the center. Explore acupuncture, therapeutic massage, organic facials, and other great holistic services at the center. If you or someone you know are a survivor of cancer, be sure to check out special classes geared towards survivors.
14 Bartlett Avenue, Cranston, RI. (401) 780-9809.
Eyes of the World
Saturday, January 18 from 12:30-2:30 pm, start your yoga journey at Eyes of the World Yoga Center in Providence. For only $18 with early registration, try out a two-hour beginner’s workshop that will show you everything that the center has to offer. Learn the basics of yoga posture, focus, contentment, and humility. Another unique feature of Eyes is free yoga for veterans that suffer from PTSD—visit their website to see how you can help.
1 Park Row, Providence, RI. (401) 295-5002.
Breathing Time Yoga
Breathing Time Yoga in Pawtucket is out to prove to the world that yoga is beneficial to everyone, regardless of weight, age, sex, or ability. This is made evident with their Yoga for Curvy Women class—awesome! Other unique classes and workshops include Stress Less for Teens, Mom & Baby Yoga, Mindful Eating and more! Take a trip to the studio to find a class that’s right for you.
541 Pawtucket Avenue, Pawtucket, RI. (401) 421-9876.
The Heron Studio
The Heron Studio in nearby Fall River incorporates yoga, meditation and dance into their studio culture. Yoga is taught on three levels: introductory for beginners, intermediate to broaden understanding and goals in the practice of yoga, and advanced for students who wish to bring yoga off the cushion and into their daily lives. Several dance classes are taught that embrace community, fitness, strength, and well being.
187 Plymouth Avenue, Fall River, MA. (774) 365-4016.
Check out Shri Studio in Pawtucket for a mindful and relaxing yoga experience. Highlights of their extensive class list include Yoga for Seniors, Gentle Yoga (free for followers of the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Center, plus one guest!), and Forrest Yoga—designed to address physical and emotional stresses that may be stored within the body.
21 Broad Street, Pawtucket, RI. (401) 441-8600.
Next Tuesday, January 14 at 6:30 pm, visit Serenity Yoga in Warwick for a $10 drop-in yoga session. The class will incorporate a half-hour of yoga practice and a half-hour of guided meditation—the perfect remedy for your hectic week. While you’re in, make sure to check out all of the classes that the center offers.
21 College Hill Road, Warwick, RI. (401) 615-3433.
- Fit For Life: 3 Biggest Hurdles Between You and Your Fitness Goals
- Fit For Life: Are You Reading That Label Right?
- Fit For Life: How To Make That Run Less Painful
- Fit For Life: Monsanto, GMO’s + Healthy Eating
- Fit For Life: Tick-Tock
- Fit for Life: The Number One Reason to Exercise Revealed
- Fit For Life: 3 Really Good Reasons To Exercise
- Fit For Life: Become Again What You Used to Be
- Fit For Life: How to Get a Tight Butt, Flat Belly + Great Legs
- Fit For Life: Must-Have Tips for Sports Specific Training
- Fit For Life: Top Factors to Consider When Training Youth Athletes
- Fit for Life: What Are Results in Fitness?
- Fit For Life: 3 Steps To Losing Weight While Getting Fit
- Fit For Life: Discipline Makes The Difference
- Fit For Life: Is More Exercise Really Better?
- Fit For Life: Pre-New Year’s Resolutions?
- Fit For Life: Why Rest Will Make You More Fit
- Introducing Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: Are You Fit or Foolish?
- Fit For Life: 4 Ways To Get Healthier For Free
- Fit For Life: Don’t ‘Sabotage’ Your Holidays
- Fit For Life: Is Your Fitness Program Making You Unfit?
- Fit For Life: Stay Fit Indoors
- Fit for Life: 7 Step Plan For Achieving Your Weight Loss Goals
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: Are You Skinny-Fat?
- Fit For Life: 5 Questions to Ask a Personal Trainer
- Fit For Life: Eat This, Not That
- Fit For Life: Join the Resistance
- Fit For Life: The 3 Types Of Exercise You Need Every Week
- Fit for Life: Calories. It All Adds Up
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: Fit at Forty
- Fit For Life: 6 Ways You Might Be Overdoing It
- Fit For Life: Finding The Best Exercise For You
- Fit For Life: Keeping Fitness Momentum Into The Fall
- Fit For Life: The Five Day Countdown to Fitness Starts Now
- Fit for Life: Do You Have to Be Wealthy to Be Healthy?
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: Great Abs Now
- FIT FOR LIFE: Are you being FOOLISH – or FIT FOR LIFE?
- Fit For Life: A System For Feeling + Looking Better
- Fit For Life: Fitness At Every Age
- Fit For Life: Make Your Goal to Do Everything Better
- Fit for Life: Do You Just Want to Have Fun?
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: How To Get Michelle Obama Arms
- Fit For Life: “Why Can’t You Be Normal?”
- Fit For Life: An 8-Step Plan For Better Living
- Fit For Life: Good Eating + Exercise Is Powerful Medicine
- Fit For Life: Mastering The Squat
- Fit For Life: Three Wellness Myths Busted
- Fit for Life: No Medals for Almost Winning