Fit for Life: Fit At Any Age
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Let’s look at the 20s—that usually youth-driven, full-of-adrenaline person. If they are training, more often than not, it’s for reasons other than being healthy and fit. I was a bouncer in a nightclub, so I wanted to look big and intimidating, so I packed in pasta and pancakes and trained with reckless abandon, including lifting heavy weights.
Those in their 30s are outwardly focused—concerned with family and career, often working ridiculous hours, eating lots of less than optimal food, including fast food, getting minimal rest, and chasing the American dream. It can be a time when you are putting your own health low on the priority scale. Missing workouts more than making them, if even working out at all.
So, then you hit your 40s. You probably are looking at 10 years or more of your kids’ leftovers—the mac & cheese, those chicken fingers… you’re looking at them right around your mid-section. Add to that a couple of drinks a day hitting your liver, experiencing lower libido, and adrenal fatigue in your blood. Your kids are in school, and are getting more self-sufficient. So, you look at your life and make the decision to get your fit life back—now—or to start, for the very first time. I promise it’s not too late to be 40, fit and in fantastic shape.
Start with these tips
Eat better. Avoid man-made processed foods. Make the effort to prepare your meals for the day. Eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks to ensure your metabolism keeps burning all day.
Move more. Anything helps—stretching, walking. Strength training with proper technique builds muscle and helps fight flab.
Relax more. Your body REQUIRES it for repair and rejuvenation. Get massages, 8 hours of sleep, etc.
Although not necessary, it might help to have a trainer in some capacity who can keep you on target and moving forward.
It’s your time—now! You’ll reap the rewards long into the years ahead, reducing disease risk, preventing injuries, and looking great, too. Approach the years ahead in your best shape ever.
[email protected]; check out his website at http://www.fitnessprofiles.net or on Facebook at Matt Espeut or on Twitter @MattEspeut. Call 401-453-3200 for pre-opening information.
- Fit for Life: Fail to Plan? Plan to Fail
- Fit for Life: Success Starts with Getting on the Right Path
- Fit For Life: How to Make Fitness Your Way of Life
- Fit For Life: The Planet’s in Trouble and So Are We
- Fit for Life: A Divided Nation
- Fit For Life: How to Get a Tight Butt, Flat Belly + Great Legs
- Fit for Life: Want to Lose Weight? Ready, Set, GO!
- Fit For Life: Good Eating and Exercise - Disguised
- Fit for Life: Just Do It!
- Fit for Life: You’re Not Alone
- Fit for Life: Feel Invincible
- Fit For Life: Must-Have Tips for Sports Specific Training
- Fit For Life: Making Sacrifices
- Fit For Life: Ah-Choo!
- Fit For Life: Life Is a Marathon Not a Sprint
- Fit for Life: No time. Too busy. FAIL.
- Fit for Life: Your Future is in Your Hands
- Fit for Life: I Don’t Want to Hear It, So Don’t Say It
- Fit for Life: One Step at a Time
- Fit for Life: Everything Old is New Again
- Fit for Life: Attention! It’s an Epidemic!
- Fit for Life: No Medals for Almost Winning
- Fit For Life: Become Again What You Used to Be
- Fit For Life: 3 Biggest Hurdles Between You and Your Fitness Goals
- Fit for Life: What Are Results in Fitness?