Federal Hill’s Columbus Day Festival Announces Grand Marshalls and Event Details
Wednesday, October 04, 2017
The Federal Hill Commerce Association is celebrating the 26th Annual Columbus Day Festival on Federal Hill October 7-9, 2017.
The Association announced on Wednesday that this year’s festival will feature three entertainment stages each day.
Additionally, dozens of food and retail vendors, the annual parade, games and amusement rides will line Atwells Avenue.
The festival begins on Saturday, October 7th at 10 am and is open until 10 pm. This year’s opening ceremony is at 12 pm on Saturday at the Depasquale Plaza stage. The Association will honor Dr. Brad Turchetta with the Cianci Civic Award in memory of former Mayor Vincent A Cianci. Turchetta serves as Chairman of the Cianci Educational Foundation.
Turchetta will also serve as Co-Grand Marshall with Majority Leader Providence Councilman Bryan Principe. The two Grand Marshall’s will be honored for their commitment to Federal Hill and lead the parade on Sunday.
On Sunday, October 8th the annual Columbus Day Parade kicks things off at 11 am and the festival is open until 10 pm. This year’s parade will feature ten divisions with 10 marching bands including the 88th Army band from the RI National Guard, dozens of floats and civic groups. The parade route is from Harris Avenue to Dean Street along Atwells Avenue. This area will be closed during the time of the parade.
On Monday, October 9th the festival will be open from 11 am – 7 pm. For the length of the festival, Atwells Avenue will be closed from Dean to Sutton Streets. To view this year’s entertainment schedule for the three stages and more information, visit FederalHillProv.com
The Federal Hill Commerce Association is dedicated to serving the business members and residents of Federal Hill. Considered the ‘Heartbeat of Providence” the Hill offers visitors charm, warmth, and hospitality dating back to the traditions of Italian immigrants who the fabric and character of the Hill for so long.
- 25th Anniversary Columbus Day Festival on Federal Hill Kicks Off Oct. 8
- Columbus Day Festivities Coming to Federal Hill
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport on Columbus Day Weekend - Oct 9
- 5 Weekend Musts: Columbus Day Festivals + More
- Federal Hill Pizza’s Manzo Shares Personal Connection to Breast Cancer on LIVE’s The Taste
- Top 10 Most Ordered Entrees on Federal Hill in 2016
- Cristiano Labia Makes the Connection Between Italy and Customers at Two Federal Hill Restaurants
- Federal Hill’s Massimo Restaurant Announces Monthly Wine Dinner Series
- “Little Italy” Proposed as New Brand for Federal Hill
- Federal Hill Business Launch Petition to Remove Parking Meters
- NEW: Pride Flags Reportedly Torn Down in Providence’s Federal Hill
- NEW: Hotel Robbery and Assault Sparks Federal Hill Emergency Meeting
- Federal Hill House Names Fernandez Executive Director
- Tavolo Owner Mello Talks About New Federal Hill Location on LIVE’s The Taste
- Federal Hill Pizza’s Chef Billy Manzo Joins LIVE’s The Taste to Talk His New Restaurant
- Federal Hill’s Pane E Vino to Offer Black Truffles from Italy
- Federal Hill Launches Summer Festival
- Federal Hill’s Gallery Z to Host Local Artists Exhibit in July
- Zooma’s Bisceglia Highlights the Federal Hill Summer Fest on LIVE’s The Taste
- Federal Hill’s Gallery Z Hosts Small Picture Show Through Dec. 23
- Federal Hill Businesses Call for The Vault’s License to be Revoked
- GoLocalTV: Marrocco Gets License for New Restaurant on Federal Hill