Family Matters: Strawberry Picking
Friday, June 08, 2012
The strawberry season starts mid-June in Rhode Island but depends on the weather and the individual farm. Call ahead before heading out to pick to avoid disappointment. Bring your own containers if possible.
Here's our recipe on how-to make your own strawberry jam. Share your favorites with us!
Best picking spots
This is our list of best places to pick berries, plus you can find more farms on the Farm Fresh Web site.
If you valued this article, please LIKE GoLocalProv.com on Facebook by clicking HERE.
For more Lifestyle, check out GoLocalTV fresh every day at 4pm, and on demand 24/7, here.
- 5 Weekend Musts: Gaspee Days Parade + More
- RI’s Best Steak Restaurants for Father’s Day
- Family Matters: Top 10 Toys That Don’t Cost a Penny
- Family Matters: Planning for Summer Camps + Childcare
- Family Matters: Let Them Play!
- Family Matters: How To Pack for a Picnic
- Family Matters: How Moms Find Balance