Ex. Rocky Point Manager Cascioli Works to Bring WaterPark to RI
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
"Remember the fun and excitement of Rocky Point? Then help us start a new legacy for this generation," writes the Indiegogo page.
Tony Jones, Founder of RI Free Radio and host of The Tony Jones show, shared with GoLocal.
"I am working with them -- ex Rocky Point manager Dave Cascioli is the main guy, he has set up water parks and amusements all over the world," said Jones.
It is not known where the park will be located.
"It took us quite a bit of time but we have found two perfect sites and are working the details out with the City Administration before we make any announcements. We will make an announcement as soon as we are cleared to make the statement," writes the Indiegogo page.
What the park will Feature
The proposed water park will feature 12 slides including a children's interactive area. The slides will all be of superior height and complexity compared to tis competitors. The park will also include a 20,000 sq.ft. wave pool and a lazy river of at least 900' x 16' wide.
The park will also be feature a 50' diameter Children's spray pad and a 60' diameter children's interactive play unit that includes water cannons, slides, dump buckets and more.
See Their Vision in the Video Below
The Impact it will Make
The WaterPark is expected to bring in about 100,000 visitors from Massachusetts into Rhode Island. The WaterPark will also create jobs.
"Jobs will be created to build the park and jobs created to operate the park. Yes, we understand that these may not be year round jobs yet, but the long term plan is to make the water park a year round destination," writes the Indiegogo page.
What Group Needs
The group is looking for funds for legal work, accounting work, and general soft cost funding such as architecture, and engineering.
To donate, click here.
Video Wall photo courtesy of Linda Thomas-Fowler/ flickr
- Family Matters: Waterparks, Pools, and More
- Blue Cross’ ‘Lifestyle Blue’ Plan a Great Fit for Small Business
- Organize + Energize: Getting Organized is a Lifestyle Change. Are you ready?
- Four Steps to Creating a Healthy Lifestyle
- 15 Biggest Lifestyle, Music, and Arts Stories of 2015 in RI
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tony Jones: Wake Up and Smell the Hemp
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tony Jones: The Case for Instant-Runoff Voting
- Tony Jones: Lt. Governor? Lt. Governor? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Lt. Governor
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tony Jones - I Say, “Stick It” to “Click it or Ticket.”
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tony Jones: MLK - The Doctrine of Non-Violence from Birmingham Jail