Don’t Miss: BoldrDash Beach 5K For Misquamicut
Monday, May 06, 2013
This May’s “BoldrDash For The Beach” will provide much-needed funds to help rebuild the beautiful Westerly beach community after Hurricane Sandy devastated the area.
Every year BoldrDash has attracted many local celebrities and talent. Among this year's list, a team of RevGirls - the promotional team for the New England Revolution - will be competing on Saturday, May 18 and Jessica Schiano from 92 ProFM will be DJ’ing at the start line from 9 -11am on Sunday, May 19.
They will help you train
“We will be offering training opportunities right up until the week of the event,” says BoldrDash founder and president, Lynn Hall. A personal trainer and athlete, Lynn started this unique event in 2011, and holds annual races at Yawgoo Valley in Exeter, RI. “These courses are designed for varying ages and fitness abilities. BoldrDash is about boldly overcoming limitations with determination - in an all-out 5k with over 20 challenging obstacles.”
Besides training at several local gyms, which are listed at www.boldrdashrace.com, Lynn is also holding two more outdoor “Bootcamps."
Upcoming Boot Camps
Sunday May 12 at 8:30 AM
Annual Mother’s Day Bootcamp - FREE FOR MOMS
The beach at Goddard Park, East Greenwich, RI.
Registration is $80.00. After-party open to non-racers: $5. Pricing for Bootcamps varies. Discount coupons for the bootcamp program and race registration are available and you can visit www.boldrdashrace.com to register. Follow BoldrDash on Facebook.
“This is an unbelievably fun and challenging race -- unlike anything you’ve ever experienced," says Hall. "With over 20 obstacles, BoldrDash participants do not run a mile in between obstacles. Instead they conquer as many obstacles as they would in the average 10-mile mud race, climbing, crawling, sliding, and swinging through all 5 kilometers."
“Yes, it’s grueling and dirty, but at the end of the day, bonds and friendships are formed and smiles all around.”
BoldrDash is also looking for volunteers for both days. Anyone interested should contact [email protected]
- HURRICANE UPDATE: Hurricane Sandy Starts Her Move Up the US Coast
- Major Unemployment Assistance Underway for those Affected by Hurricane Sandy
- NEW: Webster Bank Donates $10K To Red Cross For Hurricane Sandy Relief
- How City and Towns are Handling Hurricane Sandy
- NEW: FEMA Offers Crisis Counseling For RIers After Hurricane Sandy
- Ocean House To Host Black & White Ball For Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Hurricane Sandy Affects URI & Bryant, Not PC & Brown
- NEW: Feds Warn of Hurricane Sandy Fraud
- Rhode Island Still Pushing for Federal Funds for Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Update from John Ghiorse
- NEW: Langevin & Cicilline Blast GOP Over Hurricane Sandy Funds
- State Report: Changes at EDC, Hurricane Sandy & Christmas Tree Chaos
- BoldrDash Military-Style 5K To Raise Funds For Misquamicut Relief
- Hurricane Sandy in Pictures From GoLocal Readers
- NEW: National Grid Restores Power for 50% of Customers Affected by Hurricane Sandy
- BREAKING: Hurricane Sandy Heading For New England
- NEW: Newport Back In Business After Hurricane Sandy
- College Admissions: Deadline Changes From Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy: Are You Prepared?
- NEW: Register Special Health Needs Before Hurricane Sandy Hits
- Family Matters: 12 Ways to Help Hurricane Sandy Victims
- LEGAL MATTERS: Post-Hurricane Sandy Insurance + Repairs
- NEW: Rhode Island to Receive $3 Million Federal Aid for Hurricane Sandy Recovery