Deer Tick’s John McCauley Makes Film Debut
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
The Deer Tick frontman appears in Sweet Little Lies, a new independent film, as a cowboy swindled by protagonists Bess and Waldo, two teens on their way west in a stolen car.
Sweet Little Lies
The film follows Bess (played by Caitlin Kinnunen) a trailer park teen who steals a car and makes a desperate journey from Kansas to Las Vegas in search of a father she never knew. She brings along her nine-year old sidekick (Waldo, played by Joseph Montes), and soon the two pick up Road, a career grifter (Bill Sage, of American Psycho). Shooting on a small budget on location in a variety of evocative settings in rural America, director William J Saunders' film has been picked up by boutique distributors Filmworks Entertainment for DVD/Home Video release. The film has also won early praise at the Feel Good Film Festival, Kansas City Film Festival, and the Big Island Film Festival.
That's not the only role McCauley plays in the film. Deer Tick collaborated with Anywhere Films on the soundtrack for Sweet Little Lies.
To order the DVD, go here. To download it on iTunes, go here.
For more Lifestyle coverage don't miss GoLocalTV, fresh every day at 4pm and on demand 24/7, here.
- Music Review: Deer Tick’s “Divine Providence”
- Providence Band Deer Tick on Letterman
- Deer Tick Comes Home This Weekend
- Behind the Scenes at Newport Folk Festival 2011
- The Newport Folk Festival in Pictures
- Deer Tick’s John McCauley Talks to GoLocal
- Deer Tick’s John McCauley’s Latest Band: Diamond Rugs
- 11 to Watch in 2011: Deer Tick