Brown, URI, PC Make Princeton Review’s Best Colleges Lists
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Providence College is named a #1 college for drinking, Brown University nabs a Top 5 honor for its newspaper, and the University of Rhode Island is ranked in the Top 10 for being LGBT-unfriendly, in Princeton Review's latest rankings, 2013 Best 377 Colleges. Here's all the latest numbers for Rhode Island's colleges.
There were two #1 distinctions for the Friars this year: top "honors" for Lots of Hard Liquor and #1 for Little Race Interaction on its campus. PC has a history of being named on Princeton Review's lists for drinking (last year the school was named #7 for Lots of Beer); this year's rankings don't allow the local private college much to crow about. PC was named #11 for Financial Aid Not So Great, #12 for Town-Gown Relations Are Strained (although that's an improvement on last year's #9 ranking). On the bright side, PC (which is included on Princeton Review's Best Northeastern Colleges) was ranked #3 for Everyone Plays Intramural Sports.
University of Rhode Island
URI this year doesn't have much to crow about, as it continues to rank on Princeton Review's less-than-positive measures. The state's public university ranked #9 on LGBT-Unfriendly campuses and also #9 on Professors Get Low Marks. The school ranked #17 on Schools Where Students Study the Least, and #20 for Administrators Get Low Marks. URI is included on Princeton Review's Best Northeastern Colleges list.
Other RI Colleges
Bryant University was named by Princeton Review as a Best Northeastern College, but did not make any lists. The rest of RI's colleges--Salve Regina, RIC, RISD, Roger Williams, and Johnson and Wales--were not considered.
Princeton Review bases these categories, 62 in all, on information from more than 122,000 students. To read more about the 2013 rankings, go here.
- NEW: Brown Named #13 Most Entrepreneurial College in US
- NEW: Brown Named Top 20 College in US—Forbes Ranking
- NEW: Brown, URI Named Top 10 Colleges for Marijuana Activism
- NEW: Johnson & Wales Named #2 Most Crime-Rattled College in US
- The Top 10: Top New England Colleges 2012
- The Best of Rhode Island: Top New England Colleges 2012
- Super Ranking List: Top New England Colleges 2012
- College Admissions: 6 Great Summer Reads for College Students (And Their Parents)