Belichick Narrated D-Day Documentary to Premiere in Providence
Thursday, March 16, 2017
See the Trailer Below
The documentary will premiere on May 27th at 1 p.m. at Veterans Auditorium in Providence.
Belichick’s father Steve served in WWII before becoming the football coach at the U.S. Naval Academy for over 30 years.
The movie features original aerial footage of the same beaches invaded by U.S. forces on June 6, 1944, as well as archival footage of the invasion.
Ticker are on sale now.
Related Slideshow: 25 Ways to Celebrate Veterans in RI & New England - 2016
Operation Stand Down's Boots on the Ground Memorial
Operation Stand Down RI (OSDRI) will host the first annual Boost on the Ground for Heroes Memorial this Memorial Day weekend from Friday, May 27 at 5 p.m. to Monday May 30 at 4 p.m. Overall, OSDRI will place 6,844 boots in the field by the Temple to Music at Roger Williams Park throughout the weekend.
A formal ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 28 at 11 a.m. where Sgt. Major Todd Parisi will deliver the keynote address.
The event will honor all of Rhode Island's veterans American heroes who were killed in action defending the country during the war on terror by marking their lives with a boot, a flag and a name placard.
Foster Parade and Wreath Laying
The Foster Memorial Day Parade and wreath laying will kick off at 8:45 a..m. on Monday from the Foster Center and North roads and go to the Ben Eddy Building.
There will also be a speaking program and the unveiling of a monument that is dedicated to World War II veterans who were originally from Foster.
Flag Retirement Ceremony in Little Compton
The flag retirement ceremony will take pace at post home on the commons in Little Compton at 2 p.m.
During the event, the public is invited to bring worn flags to burn.
Following that, there will be a memorial service at Acoxet Chapel in Westport at 7 p.m.
North Providence Parade
The North Providence Memorial Day Parade begins at 1 p.m. on Monday starting from North Providence High School on Mineral Spring Avenue and ends a Governor John Notte Jr. Park.
The parade will be followed by a short ceremony and then entertainment and food in the park from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
1876 Tribute Re-enactment and Procession
Mystic Seaport in Mystic Connecticut will put on a re-enactment by costumed role-players of an 1876 tribute and procession honoring those who had fallen in the Civil War on Monday.
The reenactment includes the roll of the dead in Fishtown Chapel, observance in Greenmanville Church and a procession to Middle Wharf as well as music of the Civil War fife and drum program.
The entire day goes from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bangor, Maine Memorial Day Parade
The Bangor Maine Memorial Day Parade will begin at 10:15 a.m. starting on Exchange Street.
The parade will proceed north on Exchange street and finish on Main Street.
Immediately following the parade there will be a ceremony at Davenport Park.
PHOTO: Davenport Park
Seekonk Memorial Day Parade
The Seekonk Memorial Day Parade kicks off at 10 a.m. on Saturday from Seekonk High School and ends at Dr. Kevin Hurley Middle School.
Following the parade, there will be a dedication of the Seekonk Veterans Memorial next tot the Seekonk Library. The dedication takes place at Noon.
Battleship Cove in Fall River
Battleship Cove in Fall River will host an observance at noon in order to honor and remember the men and women who dedicated and dedicate their lives to protecting the country.
The ceremony will consist of a the raising of the flag from half staff as well as a 21 gun salute.
The ceremony is FREE and open to the public.
Shrewsbury Memorial Day Parade
The Shrewsbury Memorial Day Parade will start at 9:30 a.m. on Monday from the Richard Carney Municipal Office building and makes several stops along the way.
The parade stops at Soldier's Statue in front of the Police Station on Maple Ave, War Memorial at the Town Center and at the Veterans Lot at Mountain View Cemetery.
At this year's ceremony, Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor, Karyn Polito will speak at the Town Center.
- For Belichick, Time To Change Is Now
- What Would Bill Belichick Do If a Player Was Drinking on the Sideline?
- Super Bowl Notebook: Belichick Has Them Laughing
- Scott Cordischi On Sports: Welker To Belichick - “Stick It!”
- Brady, Belichick Have Lost Their Touch
- Scott Cordischi On Sports: Belichick Sets The Standard
- Scott Cordischi On Sports: Belichick Dumb As A Fox!
- Mangini’s Browns Embarrass Belichick’s Patriots
- Belichick a Mystery? Not Quite!
- NFL Commissioner Calls Out Bill Belichick
- Belichick Leaves Pats Fans Scratching Their Heads!
- Scott Cordischi On Sports: Belichick Defensive
- Scott Cordischi On Sports: The Vote Is In - Belichick Overrated.
- The 5 Biggest Challenges of the Bill Belichick Era
- Peyton Manning Told Belichick & Brady ‘This Could be it”
- Trump Reads Letter From Belichick, Says Brady Voted for Him
- Belichick Donates Powerboat to Sail Newport
- Belichick, Edelman Appear on Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon
- NEW: Bill Belichick Releases Statement On Vince Wilfork’s Departure
- WATCH: Belichick Talks Deflategate with Letterman
- Belichick on Hernandez: “Personally, I’m hurt.”
- Patriots: Joint Practices Another Example Belichick is One Step Ahead
- NEW: Belichick Responds to Deflate Gate, Puts it on Brady
- NEW: Belichick Discusses Patriots Internal Investigation Into Deflategate
- NEW: RI’s Mt. Hope Farm Goats Celebrate G.O.A.T Brady, Belichick
- Guest MINDSETTER ™ Walter S. Felag, Jr: RI Senate’s Ongoing Commitment to RI Veterans
- Researchers at RI Hospital Discover Trend Among Veterans Fatally Overdosing
- Smart Benefits: Veterans Exempt from Employee Count Under ACA
- OSDRI Releases Schedule of Events Around Veterans Day
- Veterans Group Blasts Rhode Island Homeless Coalition
- Gilbane Building Co. Gets Contract For New Veterans Home
- Operation Stand Down Rhode Island Awarded Grant to Help Veterans Obtain Employment
- Blackstone Valley Tourism Council Announces Veterans Day Events
- Carol Anne Costa: Every Day Is Veterans Day
- DON’T MISS: Veterans Day Events in Rhode Island 2013
- CVS Caremark Charity Classic Hosts Golf Clinics For Veterans
- 2015 Rhode Island Veterans Day Events
- OSDRI Serves Over 100 Thanksgiving Dinners to Veterans and Families
- Donald Trump Details Distribution of $5.6 Million Raised for Veterans
- 25 Ways to Celebrate Veterans in RI & New England
- Rep. Lancia’s Non-Profit Promising Veterans Jobs Has $700 After Seven Years
- Operation Stand Down RI to Donate Coats & Winter Clothing to at Risk Veterans
- 2016 Rhode Island Veterans Day Events
- For Veterans Some of the Deepest Wounds Are Invisible